Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Can't run my Eclipse project(Google Plugin)
Can't run my Eclipse project [message #666923] Sun, 24 April 2011 15:27 Go to next message
Rick Horowitz is currently offline Rick HorowitzFriend
I'm using Eclipse 3.6.2 with the latest version of the Google Plugin on Ubuntu 10.10. I've been developing with this combination successfully for some time, and all of a sudden, I cannot run or debug my project. I can, however, debug/run a new GWT project created with the Google Plugin. Just to be sure, I reinstalled Eclipse and the Google Plugin, and recreated my project.

In my project, when I attempt to debug it, the Google "Development Mode" panel opens.

At the top of that panel, my project's name is displayed in a tree structure. If I click on that, it opens up a single node, again with the project name.

Immediately below that panel, the message, "Double-click to open a URL (or right-click for more options). Click the yellow 'Reload web server' button above after server-side code changes.

There is a sub-panel below this, but nothing is displayed in it.

If I click on the above tree structure, nothing happens.

If I click on the "Reload web server" button, I get an error, "Unable to reload the web server. See the Error Log for details." The error log contains:

Quote:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport$RequestEx ception: Unable to restart the web server. It is still in the process of starting up. Wait a few seconds and try again.
at com.google.gwt.eclipse.oophm.devmode.DevModeServiceClient.wa itForResponse(DevModeServiceClient.java:106)
at com.google.gwt.eclipse.oophm.devmode.DevModeServiceClient.re startWebServer(DevModeServiceClient.java:93)
at com.google.gwt.eclipse.oophm.views.hierarchical.WebAppLaunch View$ReloadServerAction$1.run(WebAppLaunchView.java:268)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport$RequestEx ception: Unable to restart the web server. It is still in the process of starting up. Wait a few seconds and try again.
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.jav a:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:111)
at com.google.gwt.eclipse.oophm.devmode.DevModeServiceClient.wa itForResponse(DevModeServiceClient.java:104)
... 3 more
Caused by: com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport$RequestEx ception: Unable to restart the web server. It is still in the process of starting up. Wait a few seconds and try again.
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport.processFa ilure(MessageTransport.java:371)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport.processMe ssage(MessageTransport.java:389)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport.access$40 0(MessageTransport.java:45)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport$2.run(Mes sageTransport.java:309)
... 1 more

I am completely confused about what is happening here. I've been doing development with this combination of software for over a year, and now cannot get it to work at all. Please help if you have an idea of what's gone wrong. Thanks.
Re: Can't run my Eclipse project [message #667105 is a reply to message #666923] Tue, 26 April 2011 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rick Horowitz is currently offline Rick HorowitzFriend
I didn't find a solution, so I decided to restore a backup project and copy over all new source files. I don't know what happened, but it works again.
Re: Can't run my Eclipse project [message #755437 is a reply to message #666923] Tue, 08 November 2011 14:15 Go to previous message
Cristiano Di Buduo is currently offline Cristiano Di BuduoFriend
I had the exact same thing happen to me just now. But i found out what it was:
it happened after a change to the gwt.xml. I was too quick to paste something from the web in there and there was an error in the xml. After changing it everything worked again.
Previous Topic:Project with RSE local location does not open on start-up
Next Topic:Viewer with editing support and properties view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:32:02 GMT 2024