Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Launching Java code defined within a plug-in
Launching Java code defined within a plug-in [message #666835] Fri, 22 April 2011 22:14 Go to next message
Paul Glezen is currently offline Paul GlezenFriend
I'm writing a launch configuration that runs a Java class that I have defined in a
plug-in. When I launch, it fails with a ClassNotFoundException since the launcher doesn't
know to look into my plug-in for code I would like it to execute.

The Java launcher is oriented toward launching code defined in the workspace (in terms of
specifying the classpath). But I'm not sure how I would add classes from my plug-in to
the classpath. Would I obtain a reference to the plug-in installation directory and
construct the classpath relative to the plug-in root?

Another idea I had was to not use the Java launcher at all. Rather, simply run the
plug-in code as part of the launch delegate implementation without starting up other
processes. (Is this how the XSLT launch delegate does it?)
Re: Launching Java code defined within a plug-in [message #701198 is a reply to message #666835] Sun, 24 July 2011 19:56 Go to previous message
Dhanasekar  is currently offline Dhanasekar Friend
Hi,
I have the same problem(classpath). Did you find the solution for that problem. If you find the solution please share the solution.

Cheers

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2011 19:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Error while exporting product: host fragment not found
Next Topic:How can I download all the dependencies form remote sites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:01:12 GMT 2024