Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] "Quick Fix" and syntax checker does not work(Cannot see "Quick Fix" suggestions and syntax checker does not work)
icon5.gif  [ATL] "Quick Fix" and syntax checker does not work [message #666513] Wed, 20 April 2011 15:59 Go to next message
Tforu  is currently offline Tforu Friend
Hi,

I have an issue, which stops my work with ATL. I suppose it happen only to me.
I cannot see ATL syntax suggestions. For instance after dot notation:
something.association.[here after dot I want to see suggestions, to chose for instance oclIsUndefined() method]

Also I have second problem: syntax checker in ATL works only when I push save button.

If I create Java project and try to do the same, all works fine, I can see suggestions and syntax is checked.

These two problems are common for all ATL developers, or only for me?
What are your suggestions?

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks and regards,
Tforu
Re: [ATL] "Quick Fix" and syntax checker does not work [message #666595 is a reply to message #666513] Thu, 21 April 2011 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanasis Naskos is currently offline Thanasis NaskosFriend
Hi Tforu,

You are not the only one having those issues...

syntax suggestions-> 2 thinks coming in my mind.
Firstly check if you have any syntax mistakes in the lines above this
something.association.[here after dot I want to see suggestions, to chose for instance oclIsUndefined() method]

..mistakes like a forgotten or additional comma ","

Secondly maybe your atl file has wrong or no header information. When you make the atl file, it asks you, whether you want a "module" or a "query" and other stuff, if you choose the module you should fill IN and OUT metamodels fields or else no suggestions for you sir....

syntax checker -> I have no suggestions for this problem, it happens to me too and I just leave with it.... Sad
Re: [ATL] "Quick Fix" and syntax checker does not work [message #666635 is a reply to message #666513] Thu, 21 April 2011 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tforu  is currently offline Tforu Friend
Thank you very much for your reply!

With syntax checker understood, that it is for everybody.
But "suggestions" works for you fine?

Thanks,
Tforu

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2011 12:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ATL] "Quick Fix" and syntax checker does not work [message #668071 is a reply to message #666635] Tue, 03 May 2011 15:39 Go to previous message
Cesar Caves is currently offline Cesar CavesFriend
Hi Tforu and Thanasis (and everyone else Smile )

I agree with Thanasis. If you have syntax mistakes above the line where you are trying to request content assist, it won't work. The missing comma issue is very typical !!
It is also very important the first two lines of the ATL file. As you can read in the ATL documentation

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------
First we add two lines at the top of the file, one for each metamodel, so that the editor can use the auto-completion and documentation
when we type in some code concerning the two metamodels:
-- @path Families=/Families2Persons/Families.ecore
-- @path Persons=/Families2Persons/Persons.ecore
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------

But I want to notice that, even when all the stuff above is correct, many times, if not always, the content assistant does not work when you are inside an iteration expresion.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2011 10:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[ATL]struts-config rules with MoDisco generix XML Model
Next Topic:[ATL] Support to arbitrary number of output models??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:19:44 GMT 2024