Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Copy all non conflicting changes ... emf compare(Using emf compare from code)
Copy all non conflicting changes ... emf compare [message #666185] Tue, 19 April 2011 12:32 Go to next message
js Missing name is currently offline js Missing nameFriend
I am experimenting with using emf compare from code based on this example:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.emf/or g.eclipse.emf.compare/examples/org.eclipse.emf.compare.examp les.standalone/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/examples/standalo ne/ExampleLauncher.java?view=co&root=Modeling_Project

I create to sample models that only differs slightly but how do I trigger the "Copy all non conflicting changes from right to left" from code (which updates the content of the model to the left)?

I have tried to store the two sample models to corresponding .xmi files and use emf compare through eclipse to compare and update the left file which works fine.

But I cannot find any documentation that describes how this is done from code. Any suggestions?
Re: Copy all non conflicting changes ... emf compare [message #667796 is a reply to message #666185] Mon, 02 May 2011 09:26 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

The merging API of EMF Compare can be called through the "MergeService" facade (in the example you mentionned, it's the "MergeService.merge(differences, true);" line). The boolean passed as a parameter of this method determines the direction of the merge.

Is that not what you are seeking?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:MXF Creation Review results
Next Topic:[EMF Compare] and supertypes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:25:23 GMT 2024