Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Auto-Reverse Engineering(Usage)
Auto-Reverse Engineering [message #665963] Mon, 18 April 2011 11:49 Go to next message
Hafeez Osman is currently offline Hafeez OsmanFriend
Dear All,

I'm trying to use the reverse engineering functionality in modisco. I want to know how to generate the reverse engineering class diagram from the source code. Currently, I've loaded all the source code in to eclipse and using the modisco, I discovered the KDM. Then, based on the KDM I discover the UML model. By using the papyrus, I drag and drop the model to get the class diagram.

Is it the 'drag and drop' classes is the only way to get the class diagram? or there is other way that I can generate the class diagram automatically. I really need your advice.

Thank you.
Re: Auto-Reverse Engineering [message #666172 is a reply to message #665963] Tue, 19 April 2011 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

Using the provided MoDisco discoverers, you can get the following models from your Java applications/plugins:

Java -> KDM -> UML2 (Class diagram)

But what you get finally is the actual UML2 model, and not the diagram in itself.
For initializing the additional "diagram" file and doing some automatic layout (from this actual UML2 model), you should take a look to the support provided by the MDT-UML2 or Papyrus projects.

Anyway, you can also use the customized MoDisco Model Browser in order to easily navigate through your potentially complex UML2 models: http://wiki.eclipse.org/MoDisco/Components/ModelBrowser

I hope this help!

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Re: Auto-Reverse Engineering [message #769788 is a reply to message #665963] Thu, 22 December 2011 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Constantin Nita is currently offline Constantin NitaFriend
Hello,

I am also trying to reverse-engineer my model and build a class diagram. Got Papyrus and MoDisco installed (on Helios), and created a Papyrus class diagram but the drag-and-drop does not seem to work.
Could you please describe in a bit more detail how you got the class drag-and-drop working?

Kind regards,
Constantin
Re: Auto-Reverse Engineering [message #771113 is a reply to message #769788] Mon, 26 December 2011 10:47 Go to previous message
Gregoire Dupe is currently offline Gregoire DupeFriend
Hello,

As you can see in http://youtu.be/n2iF8y7U2AM, it works for me with the following configuration:

Eclipse Indigo SR1:
- Eclipse Platform 3.7.1
- MoDisco Model Filter (Incubation) 0.9.1.v201109150824
- MoDisco SDK (Incubation) 0.9.1.v201109150824
- MDT Papyrus - SDK: Runtime, Tools, Documentation and sources (Incubation) 0.8.1.v201109161105

You should try to use Indigo.

Regards,
Grégoire Dupé

[Updated on: Mon, 26 December 2011 10:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Compare two source code files using EMF
Next Topic:EMF editor for Java metamodel: is it possible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:47:45 GMT 2024