Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Linking resources to project's root(How may I create a linked resource (eg. a folder on the file system) that would appear in the project root instead of in the project's virtual sub-folder)
Linking resources to project's root [message #665207] Wed, 13 April 2011 16:31
Jeno Borsodi is currently offline Jeno BorsodiFriend
Hi Folks,

It's my very first post here so I think I shall say Hi to everybody! Very Happy

The reason why I've created this topic is that I was unable to find a solution for my problem (did googleing for hours - no use)...

The thing is.. I have a PHP project that should include files and directories that reside at an other place on the file system.

I've tried linking the directory as a resource... but I've bumped into a problem. I had to create a name for the resource, that acts like a virtual sub-directory in the project.

It would not be that fatal for me.. only if while debugging using xdebug, Eclipse would not ask me to locate the source of the file being debugged in the workspace - in every single step/line of code.

So.. to make it as easy as possible, let's imagine the following scenario:

I have a project named "Foo" that is actually at "f:\eclipse worspace\foo" and I have a directory at "c:\inetpub\www\foo".
The inetpub\www\foo folder stores the actual PHP files and if I link that directory to the project "Foo" the very best I can do is to create that link using a name "foo" - by this in Eclipse I can access those files by the path "Foo/foo/".

That would still be fine... But then if I debug a file.. I have to do it by erasing the duplicate name of the project name from the URL (eg. localhost/Foo/foo/bar.php to localhost/foo/bar.php)
and if I do that, the deugger keeps on asking me to locate the source php file for that entity being debugged on the server.
At every line/step!!!

So..
Either please give me an idea how to "tell" Eclipse that it shall automatically assume, that the file being inspected/debugged on the server is the same as the file residing in the workspace (even if it is only thru a link - and the project has no files that share that name+extension)
OR...
please enlighten me how to make a resource link that needs no "virtual directory" for the contents of the linked dir so it links them to the root of the project itself!
Previous Topic:EclipseCon 2011 -- where are the downloadable materials?
Next Topic:Why the white spce has smaller size before right brace...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:33:22 GMT 2024