Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » NPE when trying to parse existing WizardPages
NPE when trying to parse existing WizardPages [message #664765] Mon, 11 April 2011 22:06 Go to next message
David Carver is currently offline David CarverFriend
I'm trying to use Windows Builder to parse some existing hand written Wizard Pages. About 90% of the time I get a NPE when trying to parse the code for the Design page. The other 10% of the time, the page parses, but I get no controls displayed.

Example code can be found at:

http://www.ebayopensource.org/svn/turmeric/soa-platform/trun k/tools/eclipse/plugins/

If you open any of the Wizard pages in the following plugin

org.ebayopensource.turmeric.eclipse.ui

Packages:
org.ebayopensource.turmeric.eclipse.ui
org.ebayopensource.turmeric.eclipse.ui.wizards.pages

I know how to address the anonymous inner class errors, but even then items are not being displayed as I would expect in the designer.

Dave
Re: NPE when trying to parse existing WizardPages [message #665021 is a reply to message #664765] Tue, 12 April 2011 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
You run code in which expects to see some plugins started.
WindowBuilder does not start OSGi with all plugins - it just create ClassLoader using classpath and runs classes in it. So, for example to open ComplexTypeSCWizardGeneralPage I need to add isDesignTime() check into SOABasePage
		if (!Beans.isDesignTime()) {
		  UIUtil.getHelpSystem().setHelp(container, getHelpContextID());
		}

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: NPE when trying to parse existing WizardPages [message #665243 is a reply to message #665021] Wed, 13 April 2011 20:31 Go to previous message
David Carver is currently offline David CarverFriend
Okay, that gets me part of the way there. I'll have to go through and check some of the other code to see where I need to do additional design time checks.
Previous Topic:GWT Palette contribution from plugin.xml
Next Topic:Beansbinding assertion error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:05:21 GMT 2024