Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » How to convert a Visio .vsd to Eclipse UML format??(New to Eclipse, need to import a new version of vsd to modify and change and save it in Eclipse UML tools)
How to convert a Visio .vsd to Eclipse UML format?? [message #664712] Mon, 11 April 2011 16:41 Go to next message
Brad Rogers is currently offline Brad RogersFriend
Im running Windows XP and am trying to install and setup Eclipse UML so that i can import and modify an existing drawing in Visio.

I have the older Visio version from 2002, but it wont open my file. Ive found Eclipse to be a powerful and versatile system and want to try to use it for UML modeling.

In searching i did come across a website that offers to convert the vsd to a uml format or it converts into a format Eclipse can import; but it failed on line 2.

Is there some downloadable program that will crunch the new .vsd file and do (whatever) so that i can open and edit the UML in Eclipse??

thanks!
Re: How to convert a Visio .vsd to Eclipse UML format?? [message #664747 is a reply to message #664712] Mon, 11 April 2011 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
I think you posted this question in the wrong forum. This forum is for AJDT, the AspectJ Development Tools.
Re: How to convert a Visio .vsd to Eclipse UML format?? [message #664788 is a reply to message #664747] Tue, 12 April 2011 03:06 Go to previous message
Brad Rogers is currently offline Brad RogersFriend
ah ok sorry about that. i had searched for similar questions about anything "UML", then tried to go into that forum. I had not heard of AJDT before. (so I didnt know it wasnt uml related)

i will search some more
Previous Topic:stop bundle osgi using Aspectj advice
Next Topic:Loadtime-Weaving for Eclipse Plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:31:45 GMT 2024