Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EVL for two different files(two different models)(How to run an "Inter-Model Consistency Checking example")
EVL for two different files(two different models) [message #664309] Fri, 08 April 2011 10:57 Go to next message
Kamal Kunjapur is currently offline Kamal KunjapurFriend
Hii, I am trying to use EVL for two different files having two different models, mainly UMLModel1.uml and UMLModel2.uml.

I have read the document and I have got to know that EVL supports inter-model consistency checking. How do I let the IDE understand that 'these two' uml models are the ones on which the validation should be occuring ?

I have tried putting two different files by run-configuration->new EVL instance->Models->Add. I have added the two models. Does that mean that consistency check will occur for all the models listed and if not then can you please let me know how do I run the program so that the inter-model consistency will be executed ??

Thanks & Regards
Kamal
Re: EVL for two different files(two different models) [message #664343 is a reply to message #664309] Fri, 08 April 2011 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Kamal,

Yes, you have to add several models in the launch configuration. The important part is that each model needs to have a different name.

For instance, if you have loaded two models A and B, you can use A!X to refer to type X inside model A, and B!Y to refer to type Y inside model B. Then you can do something like this:

context A!Element {
  constraint AElementConsistentWithBElement {
    check : B!Element.allInstances.exists(s | s.name = self.name)
  }
}

This would check that for each Element in model A, there is an Element in model B with the same name.

Did that answer your question?

Cheers,
Antonio

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2011 12:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EVL for two different files(two different models) [message #664349 is a reply to message #664343] Fri, 08 April 2011 13:40 Go to previous message
Kamal Kunjapur is currently offline Kamal KunjapurFriend
Hi Antonio,

That is working great and yes it answered my query. There was a syntax error as I did not represent it the way "ModelName!TypeName" as mentioned by you and in the epsilon book.

I'm very glad to be using the tool. It has got many features and I love the fact that EVL supports inter-model consistency checking.

Thank you very much for your help as it was your explanation that helped me solve my problem.

Best Regards
Kamal Kunjapur
Previous Topic:[Eugenia] Which version of Eclipse is better? How stable is?
Next Topic:[Eugenia] Enumeration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:36:26 GMT 2024