Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Eugenia] Getting started (and writing a tutorial)
[Eugenia] Getting started (and writing a tutorial) [message #663568] Tue, 05 April 2011 16:44 Go to next message
Federico Tomassetti is currently offline Federico TomassettiFriend

Hi. I am still trying to have Eugenia working and I am writing down what steps I do to prepare a tutorial covering also the installation process. I think that could help getting started.

Since now I covered that:
Download from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/  the last available version of Eclipse Modeling for your platform (Eclipse Modeling Helios SR2 at the time of writing this tutorial).

Select a new workspace i.e. "D:\workspaces\EugeniaTutorial".

From the menu select "Help" ->  "Eclipse Marketplace" and select the "Eclipse Marketplace".

Search for "Epsilon" and click on "Install".

Confirm the features selection provided automatically clicking on "next". Accept the license terms and click on "Finish". Do not mind the security warning about unsigned software. At the end of the installation choose to restart Eclipse.

Now from the menu select "Help" -> "Install new software" and choose to work with the update site of your Eclipse release (in my case Helios  http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios). 

Under Modeling select:
Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) Notation SDK
Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) Runtime
Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) Runtime Examples
Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) Runtime SDK
Graphical Modeling Framework SDK

Press "Next", "Next", accept the license terms and press "Finish".

Once again choose "Restart now".

From the menu select "File" -> "New" -> "Other..." -> "Graphical Modeling Framework" -> "New GMF Project". I chose to name the project "org.eclipse.epsilon.eugenia.tutorial" and then tick the box "Show dashboard view for the created project".

Now, creating a file with the emf extension it is opened with the external paint program on windows... maybe the extension to use is hutn now? A tried to create an HUTN file but in the corresponding editor every time I ask for auto-completion an error occurs (it complains about an index out of range). Suggestions?

Re: [Eugenia] Getting started (and writing a tutorial) [message #663685 is a reply to message #663568] Wed, 06 April 2011 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It was my error, I thought Emfatic was included in Epsilon while it is not. I corrected the installation instructions. Do you think they could be useful?

Installation

Download from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/  the last available version of Eclipse Modeling for your platform (Eclipse Modeling Helios SR2 at the time of writing this tutorial).

Select a new workspace i.e. "D:\workspaces\EugeniaTutorial".

From the menu select "Help" -> "Install new software". Add the update site "http://www.scharf.gr/eclipse/emfatic/update". Select all the features and confirm. Accept the license terms and click on "Finish". Do not mind the security warning about unsigned software. At the end of the installation choose to restart Eclipse.

From the menu select "Help" ->  "Eclipse Marketplace" and select the "Eclipse Marketplace".

Search for "Epsilon" and click on "Install".

Confirm the features selection provided automatically clicking on "next". Accept the license terms and click on "Finish". Do not mind the security warning about unsigned software. At the end of the installation choose to restart Eclipse.

Now from the menu select "Help" -> "Install new software" and choose to work with the update site of your Eclipse release (in my case Helios  http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios). 

Under Modeling select:
Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) Notation SDK
Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) Runtime
Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) Runtime Examples
Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) Runtime SDK
Graphical Modeling Framework SDK

Press "Next", "Next", accept the license terms and press "Finish".

Once again choose "Restart now".

Re: [Eugenia] Getting started (and writing a tutorial) [message #663687 is a reply to message #663568] Wed, 06 April 2011 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

The editor for .emf files is not provided by Epsilon, but rather by EMFatic. If you go to the download section in the Epsilon website, you'll find the update site for EMFatic.

Could you please install EMFatic and try again?

(Edit: ah, I see you noticed the problem. I suggest that you refer to the instructions in the Epsilon download section in your tutorial.)

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2011 08:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Eugenia] Getting started (and writing a tutorial) [message #663688 is a reply to message #663687] Wed, 06 April 2011 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

we were writing at the same time Smile

Re: [Eugenia] Getting started (and writing a tutorial) [message #663690 is a reply to message #663688] Wed, 06 April 2011 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Yes we were Smile. I'm glad you solved your problem.
Re: [Eugenia] Getting started (and writing a tutorial) [message #663691 is a reply to message #663690] Wed, 06 April 2011 08:19 Go to previous message

Thanks anyway for the answer!

Previous Topic:How to register a wizard?
Next Topic:Accessing elements in the pre section
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:54:42 GMT 2024