Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » File Save Dialog - No Directory content is shown
File Save Dialog - No Directory content is shown [message #663562] Tue, 05 April 2011 16:01 Go to next message
akoeck is currently offline akoeckFriend
Hi,
I want to use a FileDialog for saving a file. So far so good. I've followed this tutorial: http:// www.java2s.com/Code/Java/SWT-JFace-Eclipse/Afacadeforthesave FileDialog.htm

There they create the FileDialog like this:
dlg = new FileDialog(shell, SWT.SAVE);

So I thought I get an FileDialog only with a Save Button. But I got this:
http://www.abload.de/img/savedialogdxxv.jpg

Is this the normal behavior or did I made a mistake?

Thanks in advance.
Re: File Save Dialog - No Directory content is shown [message #663756 is a reply to message #663562] Wed, 06 April 2011 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabian Bernhard is currently offline Fabian BernhardFriend
You have a "*.csv" filter, so only csv files are shown
Re: File Save Dialog - No Directory content is shown [message #663768 is a reply to message #663756] Wed, 06 April 2011 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

The FileDialog which you'll see is the same as your system's native file dialog with the Save and Cancel buttons. To see/hide the directory content you can use the hide folders/show folders button in the dialog.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: File Save Dialog - No Directory content is shown [message #664004 is a reply to message #663768] Thu, 07 April 2011 07:43 Go to previous message
akoeck is currently offline akoeckFriend
Lakshmi Shanmugam wrote on Wed, 06 April 2011 08:59
Hi,

The FileDialog which you'll see is the same as your system's native file dialog with the Save and Cancel buttons. To see/hide the directory content you can use the hide folders/show folders button in the dialog.

Ahh ok I see.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Eclipse 3.6.2 SWT issue - .UnsatisfiedLinkError: Activator._isCompizSet()Z
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Accessing files on NAS network drive from Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:28:17 GMT 2024