Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Eugenia] Which version of Eclipse is better? How stable is?
[Eugenia] Which version of Eclipse is better? How stable is? [message #663370] Mon, 04 April 2011 19:33 Go to next message
Federico Tomassetti is currently offline Federico TomassettiFriend

I am currently evaluating if adopt Eugenia or not for a project planned to be 18 months long.

One year ago I tried to use it but it was not working with the current version of Eclipse. I am evaluating it again now. I would REALLY adopt it and avoid using bare GMF. Unfortunately I have some problems (see my previous post) preventing me to start using it.

I would like to know which is the suggested version of Eclipse to use Eugenia: should I use 3.5 instead of the current 3.6? Do you think Eugenia is stable enough for production use?

As I wrote I would really like to use it and I would be glad to perform minor contributions (maybe just write/update a tutorial) if it makes it feasible to use it in my situation.

Can you help me to assess which is the current status and the maturity of Eugenia?

Thanks a lot, and keep working on this tool!

Re: [Eugenia] Which version of Eclipse is better? How stable is? [message #663400 is a reply to message #663370] Mon, 04 April 2011 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Federico,

I've been using Eugenia with Helios for a while now and it works just fine. I basically run it from the Ant tasks, to automate the generation of the code.

Cheers, Antonio
Re: [Eugenia] Which version of Eclipse is better? How stable is? [message #663417 is a reply to message #663400] Mon, 04 April 2011 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Federico,

Eugenia works fine with 3.6 (Helios) - there used to be some compatibility problems in the past but they have been solved for quite some time now.

Regarding maturity, it appears to be a fairly stable tool - no bug reports within the last few months - so I think it should be a safe bet for your project.

Of course, any contributions would be more than welcome!

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [Eugenia] Which version of Eclipse is better? How stable is? [message #663723 is a reply to message #663400] Wed, 06 April 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Which ant tasks are available? Did you write them or are them part of Eugenia?

Re: [Eugenia] Which version of Eclipse is better? How stable is? [message #663943 is a reply to message #663723] Wed, 06 April 2011 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Federico,

I used the standard Epsilon Ant tasks (and a few others, see here and here) to call the EuGENia transformations from Ant.

You can find more information in this thread and on my code repository (here).

Cheers,
Antonio
Re: [Eugenia] Which version of Eclipse is better? How stable is? [message #664278 is a reply to message #663943] Fri, 08 April 2011 08:50 Go to previous message

Thank you VERY much, this is really helpful!

The update site you refer is no more available so I download the plugin code of es.uca.modelling.ant and I launched a runtime Eclipse. In the "child" Eclipse I thought I could use the ant-task "emfatic.generate" which should be registered by the es.uca.modelling.ant project but it is not found. I have to play a little bit with Ant to make it work

Previous Topic:[ewl] GMF editor does not update after change to model
Next Topic:EVL for two different files(two different models)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:04:13 GMT 2024