Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Configuring Virgo for multiple instances(Exactly what needs to be changed in the configuration files.)
Configuring Virgo for multiple instances [message #663303] Mon, 04 April 2011 15:08 Go to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hi,

I have read the manuals and searched the web, but I do not find an explicit how-to on setting up multiple instances of Virgo. I understand how to set up and specify an alternate configuration directory. What is missing is a list of the configuration files that need to be changed and which elements need changing.

Of course I can troll through them all and make educated guesses on what needs changing, but I would not think that is the best way forward. Any chances of having a specification for this task Smile

All the best,
Joel
Re: Configuring Virgo for multiple instances [message #663331 is a reply to message #663303] Mon, 04 April 2011 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I think that's a reasonable requirement although I can't provide an answer off the cuff - I'd have to do a certain amount of research.

If you want to increase the chances this gets looked at, I suggest you raise an enhancement bug against the Virgo documentation where we can capture the details.

If you can do some research and provide draft input or a documentation patch, that would further increase the chances.
Re: Configuring Virgo for multiple instances [message #663373 is a reply to message #663331] Mon, 04 April 2011 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Glyn,

Hmm... I was looking to be lazy and take the easy path and what do I get, another job Rolling Eyes

I need this for tomorrow, so I will dig in and work it out. I will raise an enhancement bug as you suggest and provide a document that prescribes what I did. It *will* be tested by six developers using it for a project, so chances are pretty good it will actually work Wink

Many thanks for your great work, I for *really* appreciate it.

Cheers,
Joel
Re: Configuring Virgo for multiple instances [message #663410 is a reply to message #663373] Mon, 04 April 2011 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. Any start you can provide will be appreciated.

Please note bug 307737 too, as that may be relevant and contains a workaround.
Re: Configuring Virgo for multiple instances [message #663566 is a reply to message #663410] Tue, 05 April 2011 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have opened "Bug 341942 - Configuring Virgo for multiple instances" to track this. Unfortunately I've become distracted with other issues and I will not get back to this until Thursday.
Re: Configuring Virgo for multiple instances [message #663604 is a reply to message #663566] Tue, 05 April 2011 19:42 Go to previous message
Thanks for raising that bug.
Previous Topic:Aspectj + spring source tools + Virgo
Next Topic:[Resolved] Require-Bundle could not be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:18:46 GMT 2024