Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to create stereotype(How to create boundary, control and data stereotypes)
How to create stereotype [message #662189] Tue, 29 March 2011 16:27 Go to next message
Francois P is currently offline Francois PFriend
Hi,

I just discovered Papyrus and I am quite impressed by it. We would like to use it to document our architecture. One feature that we use a lot is the usage of stereotypes, especially the "boundary", "control", and "data". It is also quite helpful to have specific icons for each of them.

Therefore, I was wondering if it is possible to add these stereotypes to Papyrus and if so, how? By creating a profile? If you could point me toward a document that explains how to achieve this, I would greatly appreciate. Or at least something to get me started.

I run Papyrus v0.7.2 in eclipse 3.6.2

Thank you very much for your precious time?

- Francois
Re: How to create stereotype [message #662373 is a reply to message #662189] Wed, 30 March 2011 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois P is currently offline Francois PFriend
Hi,

Sorry to make you waste your time, I found the information on this very forum. The whole process is written in the document TutorialForProfileUsageInPapyrus-1.doc available on the former papyrus web site.

The only issue I had was with the icon for the stereotype, it didn't work.

Regards and kudos for this great tool!

- Francois
Re: How to create stereotype [message #662398 is a reply to message #662373] Wed, 30 March 2011 14:37 Go to previous message
nicolas h is currently offline nicolas hFriend
when you click on the "+" button in the icon definition part, a new <Image> node is created, in the model. You won't be able to validate correctly your profile anymore (with the "Validation / validate model" on the model explorer contextual menu), but the profile will still be able to be used. I don't know what does this validation mean...

In the model explorer view, you can click on <Image> and in the General properties add a Content with the '+' Button. I don't know how to complete the fields "Expr" "Location" and "Format".

--
Nicolas
Previous Topic:Papyrus documentation.
Next Topic:How to access the ModelExplorerView
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:58:18 GMT 2024