Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Not getting unresolved conflict notification popup alert box in Subversive (Subversive troubles)
Not getting unresolved conflict notification popup alert box in Subversive [message #661992] Mon, 28 March 2011 19:06 Go to next message
Baudits  is currently offline Baudits Friend
Forgive me if this question have already been answered, i just couldn't find and answer.
We are a team that just started working with Subversion using Subversive in Eclipse. I have learned from this guide:http:// www.cs.wustl.edu/~cytron/cse132/HelpDocs/Subversive/subversi ve.htm (See Resolving Conflicts) that a notification popup alertbox is to be shown when two people make changes to the same file and then try to commit them, resulting in a conflict.
You can find the picture in the the link under the header: Resolving Conflicts.

In our installation we are not getting this alertbox. The guy that first makes the commit gets his work uploaded to the repository, but the second guy does not, and dosn't get any notification about it.
I imagine that it may be a setting that we need to set.

Does anyone know how to get this alert box to be shown?
Thanks
Re: Not getting unresolved conflict notification popup alert box in Subversive [message #663598 is a reply to message #661992] Tue, 05 April 2011 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
You haven't specified a version of the plug-in you're using, so I'm really not sure, but there was an error until not too long ago that leaded to not reporting almost any errors happened during a commit time. So, probably first step to resolve situation is to update plug-in version if you're not using the latest one.
Re: Not getting unresolved conflict notification popup alert box in Subversive [message #663970 is a reply to message #661992] Thu, 07 April 2011 01:41 Go to previous message
Andrey Kourskov is currently offline Andrey KourskovFriend
Commit conflict will occur when several people modify the same line in file.
Previous Topic:Commit message text area gone after upgrade
Next Topic:Handshake failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:43:03 GMT 2024