Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Connection issue
Connection issue [message #661840] Mon, 28 March 2011 08:10 Go to next message
Luca Gherardi is currently offline Luca GherardiFriend
Hi all, I have an issue with connections in my diagram.

The editor that i'm developing allows me to define a connection between two figures. However when i close the editor and then relaunch it all the connections disappear. It seems that it is only a "graphical" problem since the ecore looks correct.

To be noticed that my ecoore is composed in the following way:

- A class object which have a properties "root" (a boolean)
- A class Model (the top class) which contains one object (the one with the property root = true)
- The class object contains one or more objects.

It's look like a tree.

Does anyone can help me?

Best regards,
Luca

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2011 08:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connection issue [message #662184 is a reply to message #661840] Tue, 29 March 2011 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I solved the problem by switching the eclipse version. Maybe in the previous one I have some conflicts.

Now I can see the connections also in the diagram. Anyway I still have a problem.

The class object have a boolean properties called required. When an object contains another object which have required = true i'd like to connect them with a connection that terminates with a black circle.
When an object contains another object which have required = false i'd like to connect them with a connection that terminates with a white circle.

The problem is the following:
When I connect the objects all works fine, but when I press F5 or when I reopen the file, I see two connections instead of one: one with a white circle and one with a black circle.

Does anyone can help me please?

Thanks,
Luca
Re: Connection issue [message #662241 is a reply to message #662184] Tue, 29 March 2011 20:16 Go to previous message
Just for completeness.
1) I use OCL constraints to distinguish between the two cases. I set up them in gmfmap file.
2) It seems that it shows two links after the update (F5) because, I have two different representations for the same containment relationship. I can say that since I have another containment relationship, which could have 5 different representations. In that case when I make a connection I see only on link. However after the update the editor shows me 5 links.
Previous Topic:Selected Node - Which function is called?
Next Topic:How to exchange the root element of the diagram editor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:20:21 GMT 2024