Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Cache coordination
Cache coordination [message #661575] Fri, 25 March 2011 13:15 Go to next message
J F is currently offline J FFriend
Does cache coordination across processes/servers only happen once a Transaction has committed?
Is there anyway to have the cache be available to another process/server which is running within the same Transaction or should I flush the changes to the database before crossing a process/server boundary?

Thanks.
Re: Cache coordination [message #661955 is a reply to message #661575] Mon, 28 March 2011 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Yes, the cache is only coordinated when the transaction is committed.

In general, avoiding transactions that span multiple different servers is a good idea. I'm not even sure how you would get into this situation. You could flush the changes on one machines a refresh them on the other to see the changes.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: Cache coordination [message #661966 is a reply to message #661955] Mon, 28 March 2011 16:20 Go to previous message
J F is currently offline J FFriend
Thanks,

I suppose Application Clusters must ensure that it never happens, otherwise you would see it quite frequently.

Suppose a thread X begins using EAR 'A' on one machine 'A' and then calls into a different EAR 'B' on another box 'B' ( because of say, load balancing or because of some 'scarce' network resource that is only available on certain nodes ) and then that thread in turn calls back into a different component of EAR 'A', the AppServer must pick up the fact that this is re-entrancy and continue in the context of the original thread X on machine 'A'.

Previous Topic:Getting cache coordination working with rmi and glassfish
Next Topic:JPA2.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:09:53 GMT 2024