Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus vs Papyrus MDT
Papyrus vs Papyrus MDT [message #661443] Thu, 24 March 2011 16:56 Go to next message
Bernhard Hoisl is currently offline Bernhard HoislFriend
Hi Papyrus Community,

I am investigating Papyrus for UML modeling and am trying to validate OCL constraints on my models. I have now tested both the stand-alone Papyrus 1.12 release as well as the Papyrus MDT Eclipse project. The problem I face is that none of them both support the features I need.

For example, stand-alone Papyrus supports definition of OCLs in a profile. When the profile is applied to a UML Model, one can check the constraints. Unfortunately, I want to extend Activity Diagrams which - surprisingly - I cannot draw with the stand-alone Papyrus version.

When I use the Eclipse Papyrus plug-in, UML Activity Diagrams can be generated. I can also define a profile, but have no possibility to add constraints (beside using the Eclipse UML Editor) and definitely no possibility to validate defined constraints on a UML model.

Can anyone help me with my problems or do I miss the obvious here?

BTW: Is the stand-alone version being maintained up to now or will it be complete merged into an Eclipse project? I wondered why there are two versions anyway and which one is the one who will survive? Now it seems to me that both are providing diverse functionality.

As I tried to install Papyrus 1.12 in Eclipse 3.6 and failed, it seems that development stopped at version 3.5? Or are there plans to migrate it to the newest version of Eclipse?

I am thankful for any help or advice on my questions.

Best regards,
Bernhard
Re: Papyrus vs Papyrus MDT [message #661450 is a reply to message #661443] Thu, 24 March 2011 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi Bernhard

On 24/03/2011 09:56, Bernhard Hoisl wrote:
>
> For example, stand-alone Papyrus supports definition of OCLs in a
> profile. When the profile is applied to a UML Model, one can check the
> constraints. Unfortunately, I want to extend Activity Diagrams which -
> surprisingly - I cannot draw with the stand-alone Papyrus version.
I'm hoping that the new Xtext Editors for OCL will make it into the
Indigo release in June.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Papyrus vs Papyrus MDT [message #661591 is a reply to message #661443] Fri, 25 March 2011 14:05 Go to previous message
Bernhard Hoisl is currently offline Bernhard HoislFriend
Thanks Ed for the quick reply.

Re-thinking my requirements it would be sufficient for me to just have an OCL Validation method like described at the Papyrus website: http://www.papyrusuml.org/scripts/home/publigen/content/temp lates/show.asp?P=143&L=EN&ITEMID=29

Unfortunately, the Papyrus OCL validator doesn't work - it never finds any error in my OCL statements although I inserted many.

Does anybody managed to get it running (in Eclipse 3.5 with Papyrus 1.x)?

-Bernhard

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2011 14:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:problem with org.eclipse.jface in papyrus
Next Topic:How does Papyrus create an ID in the notation XMI file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:19:27 GMT 2024