Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » xpath expression could not find function matches(need pattern match in xpath expression evaluator)
xpath expression could not find function matches [message #661235] Wed, 23 March 2011 16:09 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

Using helios, sr2, EE package.

Need to use the XPATH expression evaluator to verify xpath expressions. It's been working great for simple expressions, but now I need to do some pattern matching.

When I try to use matches('abcd', 'abcd') or matches(//mynode, 'someString') I get:

Could not find function: matches

If I try fn:matches('abcd', 'abcd') the error message goes away but I get the <No Matches> result instead.

Is the evaluator in fact working with XPATH 2.0?
How can I determine that?
And, how can I use helios to evaluate expressions with pattern matching?

thanks !
-tom
Re: xpath expression could not find function matches [message #662687 is a reply to message #661235] Thu, 31 March 2011 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Carver is currently offline David CarverFriend
You can switch the XPath expression view, to use XPath 2.0, by default it using XPath 1.0. To do this open the XPath View, and select the View Menu, then select Processors and the XPath 2.0.

Then you can use any XPath 2.0 expression. Underneath the covers this will use the PsychoPath XPath 2.0 processor which is 99.9% conformat to the core specification and is also XML Schema Aware.

Hope this helps.
Re: xpath expression could not find function matches [message #662697 is a reply to message #661235] Thu, 31 March 2011 15:21 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend

Just what I needed, yes it does help!

Thanks Dave!!

-tom
Previous Topic:How to capture perspective changes?
Next Topic:XML Editor + Schema Validation question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:20:45 GMT 2024