Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » MoDisco/Acceleo + Minimal Java Model(Problems with Generate_JavaStructure)
MoDisco/Acceleo + Minimal Java Model [message #660574] Sat, 19 March 2011 14:56 Go to next message
Rob is currently offline RobFriend
Hello again!

Still working on my project and I have some additional questions.

My setup: Helios 3.6.2, MoDisco 0.8.2, Acceleo 3.0.2, ATL 3.1.2

I am about to generate Java Code from a javaxmi Java Model (based on MoDisco Metamodel uri:http://www.eclipse.org/MoDisco/Java/0.2.incubation/java) which I have created with ATL from the full Modisco Java Model of my source project.

As found in documentations for Modisco 0.8 Java Generation there are two steps, either programmatically or by using Generate_JavaStructure as entry point in Run Configuration.

I created an Acceleo Project with the Plugin-Dependency to the org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.java.generation and a RunConfiguration.

Unfortunately I do not get any output and even no messages or warnings in console/error log.

Acceleo Documentation says that for the entry point a class derived from AbstractAcceleoGenerator is required. Generate_JavaStructure has no Base Class.

Am I getting something wrong about putting together MoDisco and Acceleo or is MoDisco not meant to work with version 3.0.2 of Acceleo?

Second question. I assume that there are some minimal requirements a java model should fulfill to do a code generation on it? Are there any hints or documentations about it?

Many Thanks in advance
Rob

[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2011 09:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MoDisco/Acceleo + Minimal Java Model [message #660575 is a reply to message #660574] Sat, 19 March 2011 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas Bros is currently offline Nicolas BrosFriend
Quote:
Acceleo Documentation says that for the entry point a class derived from AbstractAcceleoGenerator is required. Generate_JavaStructure has no Base Class

If I remember correctly, Acceleo introduced a super class in more recent versions.

Quote:
is MoDisco not meant to work with version 3.0.2 of Acceleo?

Yes, MoDisco 0.8.2 is part of the same release train (Helios) as Acceleo 3.0.2, and they were tested together.

Quote:
Unfortunately I do not get any output and even no messages or warnings in console/error log.

At this point, I would try to import this project in my workspace and debug the generator in a runtime instance:

https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.mod isco/plugins/tags/R0_8_2/org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.java.genera tion
Re: MoDisco/Acceleo + Minimal Java Model [message #660586 is a reply to message #660575] Sat, 19 March 2011 16:32 Go to previous message
Rob is currently offline RobFriend
Thank for the hints Nicolas.

Anyway I think the problem is rather in my model than in the Generator.

I just wondered because Acceleo Doc says Generation won't work if generator entry point is not derived from AbstractAcceleoGenerator.

What I tried so far was using my model within my test environment for the upcoming Indigo and Modisco 0.9 tools which I am not using for the projects due to time constraints.
However in this environment I have a ready to use context entry to generate java code from models. On my model nothing happens so far so I think first of all I should fulfill the minimal requirements of the model - Seems to me that there is some missing information I have to add to the model.

Basically this model contains ClassDefinitions for Bean Classes representing Data handled on framework based web applications.

I will have a closer look into it and post the requirements here in case anybody else might be interested in it.

Thx
Rob

[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2011 09:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:MoDisco Workflow
Next Topic:MoDisco talk yesterday at EclipseCon 2011...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:27:57 GMT 2024