Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » SSE intrinsics on eclipse?
SSE intrinsics on eclipse? [message #660493] Fri, 18 March 2011 16:10 Go to next message
Kostas Triantafyllidis is currently offline Kostas TriantafyllidisFriend
Hi, i am pretty unexperienced on Eclipse and i need your help. i am using ubuntu and i downloaded eclipse and CDT package for helping me debugging c code. I would like to compile many lines of sse2 code so as to implement an optimization that i have wrote for a video decoder code. Besides the fact that in gcc it compiles and builds my project by just using the flag -msse2 it doesn't happen the same with eclipse. I put this flag as well in properties of gcc compiler but the compiler doesn't work fine and does not compile the code.

Any ideas? Has anyone tried to compile sse intrinsics with eclipse?

thank you in advance.

Re: SSE intrinsics on eclipse? [message #660595 is a reply to message #660493] Sat, 19 March 2011 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
kostas wrote on Fri, 18 March 2011 17:10
Hi, i am pretty unexperienced on Eclipse and i need your help. i am using ubuntu and i downloaded eclipse and CDT package for helping me debugging c code. I would like to compile many lines of sse2 code so as to implement an optimization that i have wrote for a video decoder code. Besides the fact that in gcc it compiles and builds my project by just using the flag -msse2 it doesn't happen the same with eclipse. I put this flag as well in properties of gcc compiler but the compiler doesn't work fine and does not compile the code.

Any ideas? Has anyone tried to compile sse intrinsics with eclipse?

thank you in advance.

Where did you did this compiler flag exactly? The right place is Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings

see http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.us er/reference/cdt_u_prop_build_settings_tool.htm

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: SSE intrinsics on eclipse? [message #660700 is a reply to message #660595] Mon, 21 March 2011 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, at that place i put the flag -msse2. To be more specific i tried for putting the flag -msse2 into the label of command and into other labels like miscellaneous etc but nothing. Finally i put it as a command for gcc assembler but still nothing. Am i doing anything wrong? Is there any possibility to use wrong compiler?

thanks.
Re: SSE intrinsics on eclipse? [message #660736 is a reply to message #660700] Mon, 21 March 2011 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kostas wrote on Mon, 21 March 2011 10:30
Yes, at that place i put the flag -msse2. To be more specific i tried for putting the flag -msse2 into the label of command and into other labels like miscellaneous etc but nothing. Finally i put it as a command for gcc assembler but still nothing. Am i doing anything wrong? Is there any possibility to use wrong compiler?

thanks.

Miscellaneous is the correct place. There are different option for C compiler and C++ compiler. Do you see the "-msse2" flag in the console output of the build? Did you put the flag in the correct build configuration (debug/release)?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- google
Re: SSE intrinsics on eclipse? [message #660760 is a reply to message #660736] Mon, 21 March 2011 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your quick reply. Well it seems that there is a problem because as you said i realized that the output is: gcc -O2 -omain.o ../main.c, which means that it doesn't take the flag -msse2. On the other hand if i change another configuration for instance for the warnings, it outputs this change: gcc -O2 -Wall -omain.o ../main.c. I can't understand what the problem is, but i believe that you may have the answer.
Re: SSE intrinsics on eclipse? [message #660790 is a reply to message #660760] Mon, 21 March 2011 15:49 Go to previous message
Hmm, which Eclipse version are you using? How did you setup your project?
I tried locally with a HelloWorld project using Eclipse Helios and there was no such problem.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- google
Previous Topic:INCLUDE path for projects created from CVS/BzrEclipse
Next Topic:Disabling verbose mode for invoking gcc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:47:58 GMT 2024