Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EWL] Redo after Undo not working properly for wizard
[EWL] Redo after Undo not working properly for wizard [message #660410] Fri, 18 March 2011 10:59 Go to next message
Abhijit Gurav is currently offline Abhijit GuravFriend
Hi,

I have created a simple wizard to insert node.

Say, In diagram I have node A connected Node B

A ---------> B

I have inserted node C inbetween through wizard like

A ----> C -----> B

when I undo this its comes back to A ----> B, but if I do immediate redo then, it doesn't make my diagram as

A ----> C -----> B

but, its gives trail of exception of nullPointerException and with that my diagram file also got corrupted means after that If I perform any operation on that it doesn't reflect Sad

Do anybody having any idea....

Thanks in advance

Regards
-AG
Re: [EWL] Redo after Undo not working properly for wizard [message #660421 is a reply to message #660410] Fri, 18 March 2011 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

Could you please send me a minimal configuration I can use to reproduce this at epsilon.devs gmail com?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EWL] Redo after Undo not working properly for wizard [message #660689 is a reply to message #660421] Mon, 21 March 2011 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

Thxs for reply, can you please elaborate what kind of minimum configuration you need.

Regards,
-AG
Re: [EWL] Redo after Undo not working properly for wizard [message #660701 is a reply to message #660689] Mon, 21 March 2011 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

The minimal configuration would be a zip file containing all the code (GMF editor, wizards etc.) I need to reproduce the behaviour you're observing.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EWL] Redo after Undo not working properly for wizard [message #661581 is a reply to message #660701] Fri, 25 March 2011 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for replying and showing interest, let me give you small brief about my work/project.
I am working on open source project called "ParallelJ", it's a plugin for eclipse for Flow modeling and execution.
More in details you can find on http://www.parallelj.org , we going to release this in Eclipse market place in few weeks.

As far as your question for configuration of our project is concern you can find source code at http://parallelj.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/parallelj/eclips e/trunk/
You can download and setup in eclipse 3.6.

After setup for reproduction of asked issue, you need following steps,

1. Run //J plugin
  2. In that you need to create normal java project
  3. You need to add //J nature to that project, you can add following in .project file of project

• In <build spec> you add,
      <buildCommand>
                  <name>org.parallelj.designer.validation.ParallelJBuilder</name>
                  <arguments>
                  </arguments>
      </buildCommand>

• <nature>org.parallelj.designer.validation.ParallelJNature</nature>

Now your project is //J nature

4. Now you create //J diagram file by right clicking on project, you will find parallel as context menu.
    Parallej > Create new ParallelJ diagram.

5. You need to draw simple diagram,

• Create Program (You will find in Palette)
    • Add one Procedure inside Program
    • Connect Procedure with already present inputCondition (Circular object with green color) with help of Link object
    • Right click on link, you will get options of wizard,
      i. Insert Procedure
      ii. Insert WhileLoop
    • Click on one option, and wizard will add that object in-between the link.
    • Then do Ctrl+z (undo) , the added object will be vanish
    • Now do Ctrl+y (redo), this time diagram takes some time and gives exception on parent eclipse console.
    • Due to this the diagram file also gets corrupted, i.e. normal action also fails on diagram like adding new object or deleting of existing. Diagram behaves weirdly.

So can you help me in this case.
Thanks in advance.
Re: [EWL] Redo after Undo not working properly for wizard [message #661612 is a reply to message #661581] Fri, 25 March 2011 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Abhijit,

Thanks for the detailed instructions. It always speeds things up if you can produce a minimal configuration that reproduces the problem but since this doesn't seem to be possible in this case, I'll check out the code from the SVN and have a look at it when I find some time.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EWL] Redo after Undo not working properly for wizard [message #662050 is a reply to message #661612] Tue, 29 March 2011 05:54 Go to previous message
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks a lot for investing your valuable time in this. Smile

Regards,
-AG
Previous Topic:[EVL] "getAllOfType" problem
Next Topic:Comparing Object Properties in ECL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:35:17 GMT 2024