Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Collapse Feature Bug?(Child node remains selected )
Collapse Feature Bug? [message #660370] Fri, 18 March 2011 07:27 Go to next message
Maqsood Ahmed is currently offline Maqsood AhmedFriend
Hi All,

On using the Collapse Feature, if i have a tree of nodes,

User selects child node(Container highlighted) , he hovers on parent node and collapses it. The Child node is hidden now in my implementation but the selection still remains (border remains highlighted ) . I dint find any method like set selection on pe or containershape.

I am using Rounded Rectangles with 40 fix point anchors on each of them. I also tried setActive(boolean) but didnt work.

Pls help .

Thanks & Regards,
Mak

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2011 09:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Collapse Feature Bug? [message #660404 is a reply to message #660370] Fri, 18 March 2011 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
The selection can be influenced directly on the DiagramEditor. There is a
method selectPictogramElements(...) that can be used to set the selected
PictogramElements.

Michael

"Mak" wrote in message news:ilv141$82c$1@news.eclipse.org...

Hi All,

On using the Collapse Feature, if i have a tree of nodes,

User selects child node(Container highlighted) , he hovers on parent node
and collapses it. The Child node is hidden now in my implementation but the
selection still remains (border remains highlighted ) . I dint find any
method like set selection on pe or containershape.
Pls help .

Thanks & Regards,
Mak
Re: Collapse Feature Bug? [message #662088 is a reply to message #660370] Tue, 29 March 2011 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Michael,
Works now.
Re: Collapse Feature Bug? [message #662867 is a reply to message #660370] Fri, 01 April 2011 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Velasco is currently offline Felix VelascoFriend
I am a bit confused. Is there a Collapse Feature? I've been unable to find it...
Re: Collapse Feature Bug? [message #663656 is a reply to message #660370] Wed, 06 April 2011 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Felix,

Its a custom feature, In Graphiti you can make your own desired behaviored feature, like in my case , i have a tree of nodes, i have a contex button when i click it, The tree collapses....

Regards,
Mak
Re: Collapse Feature Bug? [message #663671 is a reply to message #663656] Wed, 06 April 2011 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Velasco is currently offline Felix VelascoFriend
I was kind of expecting it, but with the stock collapsing button, I was hoping there were a standard one.

Thanks,
Félix
Re: Collapse Feature Bug? [message #674257 is a reply to message #663671] Thu, 26 May 2011 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
Hello,

I learn that a custom collapse feature could be implemented. Could someone please share the ideas as to how to go about this. I have a similar requirement in my project and it would be of great help.

Regards,
Murthy
Re: Collapse Feature Bug? [message #684145 is a reply to message #674257] Wed, 15 June 2011 05:10 Go to previous message
Christian Brand is currently offline Christian BrandFriend
Collapsing something in your diagram is just editing the diagram. Shapes/GAs will be removed or made invisible, others will be resized or rearranged.
You can create a CustomFeature and deliver it in your feature provider's getCustomFeatures() method.

Murthybhat wrote on Thu, 26 May 2011 12:23
Hello,

I learn that a custom collapse feature could be implemented. Could someone please share the ideas as to how to go about this. I have a similar requirement in my project and it would be of great help.

Regards,
Murthy

Christian Brand
SAP AG - Walldorf - Germany
Previous Topic:Overriding the Add feature
Next Topic:No Stop sign when drop is not allowed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:29:58 GMT 2024