Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Hover/content assist/manual info incomplete/inconsistent/doesn't always work
Hover/content assist/manual info incomplete/inconsistent/doesn't always work [message #660328] Thu, 17 March 2011 22:19 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
After some issues with Open PHP Manual, etc., I installed a local copy and now hovering, content assist, and the manual operate correctly, but not for everything. For instance:

isset() autocompletes, but gives no other information at all and does not open in the manual (even though I checked to make sure the entry exists locally)

require() and require_once() autocomplete with a description and information, but do not open in the manual and do not provide info on hover

Any help would be great
Re: Hover/content assist/manual info incomplete/inconsistent/doesn't always work [message #660358 is a reply to message #660328] Fri, 18 March 2011 05:41 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
It seems by design.
It is unavailable to open the manual against language constructs or keywords.
Some of them(require,include,print,etc.) have description in content assist information, they are described in /org/eclipse/php/internal/ui/documentation/BuiltinDoc.proper ties of eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.php.ui_*.jar file. ( http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.pdt/pl ugins/org.eclipse.php.ui/src/org/eclipse/php/internal/ui/doc umentation/BuiltinDoc.properties?view=markup&revision=1. 4&root=Tools_Project )
I don't know why there are no descriptions of isset,unset,exit,etc.
Previous Topic:Could not open the editor: An unexpected exception was thrown.
Next Topic:PDT not working after manual install on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:57:55 GMT 2024