Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Annotation generated files not included with site.p2 however they are included in bundle.jar
Annotation generated files not included with site.p2 however they are included in bundle.jar [message #659616] Mon, 14 March 2011 19:53 Go to next message
Antony Riley is currently offline Antony RileyFriend
I have a medium sized PDE project, we use an annotation to generate text files in META-INF/services.

My problem is that the site.p2 action does not include these generated files.

The strange thing is that the bundle.jar action on the individual modules works correctly, i.e. the generated files in META-INF/services are included.

It's quite annoying because it's the last hurdle to having working integration builds for our Eclipse plugin.
Re: Annotation generated files not included with site.p2 however they are included in bundle.jar [message #659634 is a reply to message #659616] Mon, 14 March 2011 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-03-14 20:53, Antony Riley wrote:
> I have a medium sized PDE project, we use an annotation to generate text files in META-INF/services.
>
> My problem is that the site.p2 action does not include these generated files.
>
I did a quick test where I added a META-INF/services directory to one of my bundles. I added a text file to that
directory and built my site using the site.p2 action. The text file is included in the bundle that I find in the built
repository.

> The strange thing is that the bundle.jar action on the individual modules works correctly, i.e. the generated files in
> META-INF/services are included.
>
That sounds rather odd given that the jars are not rebuilt from that point on.

I'm not sure how to help out here. It would help if you could provide a reproducible example to a bugzilla.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren
Re: Annotation generated files not included with site.p2 however they are included in bundle.jar [message #659635 is a reply to message #659634] Mon, 14 March 2011 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I'm fairly sure this only happens if the file is generated by a annotation during compilation.

I'll see if I can cobble together a small example I can put in a bug report.
Re: Annotation generated files not included with site.p2 however they are included in bundle.jar [message #659645 is a reply to message #659616] Mon, 14 March 2011 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=339957
Re: Annotation generated files not included with site.p2 however they are included in bundle.jar [message #659789 is a reply to message #659616] Tue, 15 March 2011 15:41 Go to previous message
Well I found half of my problems are because buckminster headless doesn't include the annotation processor part of jdt. Easily fixed.

Quote:

./buckminster install http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.6 org.eclipse.jdt

The other half was because jars.extra.classpath doesn't seem to work correctly in buckminster if you point it to a different module e.g.

Quote:

jars.extra.classpath = /some.other.module/annotationprocessor.jar

References to jars inside the current module do work however:

Quote:

jars.extra.classpath = annotationprocessor.jar

Anyway, this is probably my fault because the build property is deprecated and you're not supposed to use it in PDE plugins.

Sorry I completely failed to understand my problems well enough to explain them the first time.

-Antony
Previous Topic:Windows->Linux migration
Next Topic:Target platform materialization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:44:05 GMT 2024