Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Changes in stage directory, no change to application
Changes in stage directory, no change to application [message #659611] Mon, 14 March 2011 19:38 Go to next message
gkontos  is currently offline gkontos Friend
I've been using STS to deploy things to Virgo. This may be a question for them and not for you, but I figured that asking here would help me learn a little better how virgo is working.

When I make a change to my project within eclipse (say editing a .jspx file or updating a .css file), the change moves (via STS) to the stage directory. Unfortunately, I the change doesn't show up in a browser. I can refresh 'til my heart's content, but no change.

I was thinking that the stage directory was, more or less, the same as Tomcat's webapp directory. Since the autoDeploy in the tomcat-server.xml file is set to true, I figured that the changes would propagate.

Conceptually, what am I missing? Also, is there someway to get my changes to deploy to the development server?

Thanks for your help!
Re: Changes in stage directory, no change to application [message #659685 is a reply to message #659611] Tue, 15 March 2011 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
When static resources are updated, the tooling is meant to call the updateEntry operation of the ManageableBundleArtifact mxbean. This is because the contents of the stage directory are deployed into Virgo, which involves copying into Virgo's work directory and Virgo needs to be involved to update the resources in that directory.

I'm not sure what types of resources the tooling does this for and it may be that the types you are using do not work properly. Try updating a .html resource and put a breakpoint on the mxbean to see if it is driven. Then you can see whether or not it is driven for the resources you are having problems with. Please raise a bug if you find a problem and we can add it to the backlog of things to work on after the Virgo tooling is donated to Eclipse.

Hope that helps.
Re: Changes in stage directory, no change to application [message #659986 is a reply to message #659685] Wed, 16 March 2011 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately, I've gone off and created all sorts of other errors. If I end up in the same spot again I'll try testing a static resource and let you know.
Re: Changes in stage directory, no change to application [message #659988 is a reply to message #659986] Wed, 16 March 2011 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Ouch, but thanks.
Re: Changes in stage directory, no change to application [message #659997 is a reply to message #659988] Wed, 16 March 2011 14:17 Go to previous message
Razz I've been a one man wrecking machine this week!
Previous Topic:Repository takes precedence over stage for bundle selection
Next Topic:Split packages in single scope
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:11:22 GMT 2024