Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Epsilon, Eugenia with GMF(Questions about epsilon, eugenia with GMF)
Epsilon, Eugenia with GMF [message #659436] Sun, 13 March 2011 22:45 Go to next message
Silvia  is currently offline Silvia Friend
Hi, I'm writting with some questions around Epsilon intergration with GMF.

•Is there a place where the Eugenia's documentation can be found? As in the Epsilon Book is not mentioned.

• I would like to read about the architecture and components of Epsilon, is it accessible?

• How can I define a package of multiple folders for the source package? If I use dots (eclipse.dsl.domain1) it doesn't work.

• It could be possible to use different Output Streams with EOL by means of Native feature, isn't?

• I don't know if I'm using incorrectly the EOL modules. But I find that if the Ecore2GMF.eol module can grow too much and that there is no way to include EOL modules (m2, m3, m4, m5,...) to be executed automatically when the Ecore2GMF.eol module is executed. I don't know if it is possible to force an EOL module execution through another EOL module or by means of ANT workflow. Or if it possible to modify the workflow followed by Eugenia to generate the editors and include the execution of those modules as kind of modules with the same rol of the Ecore2GMF.eol file.

• If I have a GMF editor using an EVL module. But I create a model using EMF or I generate it, how can an execute the EVL module without using the GMF editor?

Thanks,

- Silvia
Re: Epsilon, Eugenia with GMF [message #659610 is a reply to message #659436] Mon, 14 March 2011 19:38 Go to previous message
Louis Rose is currently offline Louis RoseFriend
Hi Silvia,

The rest of my reply is hidden below...

Silvia wrote on Sun, 13 March 2011 18:45
Hi, I'm writting with some questions around Epsilon intergration with GMF.

•Is there a place where the Eugenia's documentation can be found? As in the Epsilon Book is not mentioned.

Sure, EuGENia has its own documentation page on the Epsilon website: http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/

By the way, EuGENia is a tool built atop Epsilon; that's why it doesn't appear in the Epsilon book.

Quote:
• I would like to read about the architecture and components of Epsilon, is it accessible?

The best place to start is Dimitris's PhD thesis: http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/ftpdir/reports/2009/YCST/01/YCST-20 09-01.pdf

Chapter 4 discusses the architecture of Epsilon, and section 4.3 gives an overview of the platform.

Quote:
• How can I define a package of multiple folders for the source package? If I use dots (eclipse.dsl.domain1) it doesn't work.

Which language are you using? I'm presuming Emfatic (a textual syntax for Ecore models). In which case you'll need to use code like the following to define nested packages:

@namespace(uri="eclipse", prefix="eclipse")
 package eclipse;

@namespace(uri="dsl", prefix="dsl")
 package dsl {
   @namespace(uri="domain1", prefix="domain1")
   package domain1 {
   }

}

Quote:
• It could be possible to use different Output Streams with EOL by means of Native feature, isn't?

Definitely. Anything you can do in Java, you can do in EOL using Native types.

Quote:
• I don't know if I'm using incorrectly the EOL modules. But I find that if the Ecore2GMF.eol module can grow too much and that there is no way to include EOL modules (m2, m3, m4, m5,...) to be executed automatically when the Ecore2GMF.eol module is executed. I don't know if it is possible to force an EOL module execution through another EOL module or by means of ANT workflow. Or if it possible to modify the workflow followed by Eugenia to generate the editors and include the execution of those modules as kind of modules with the same rol of the Ecore2GMF.eol file.

Ecore2GMF.eol is internal to EuGENia, and it's not common for users to edit it directly.

That said, it's possible to include operations from other EOL modules (using the import "<filename>"; statement). If you'd like to execute the body of more than one EOL module, an ANT workflow is probably the best solution.

Quote:
• If I have a GMF editor using an EVL module. But I create a model using EMF or I generate it, how can an execute the EVL module without using the GMF editor?

The following resources provide guidance on this:

Using EVL screencast (about 1/4 of the way through, Dimitris shows how to execute an EVL program on a model, using an Eclipse launch configuration):
http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/cinema/ModeLink_part2.htm

EVL and EMF/GMF integration article: http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/evl-gmf-inte gration/

Quote:
Thanks

You're welcome!

Best regards,
Louis.
Previous Topic:ETL problem
Next Topic:[EVL] NoSuchMethodError in exported plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:13:18 GMT 2024