Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] xsd->Ecore->ATL
[ATL] xsd->Ecore->ATL [message #658616] Wed, 09 March 2011 09:41 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi guys,

as the title already gives away I have an xsd file and want to convert it into ecore (which is no problem).Then I want to use this model for the ATL transformation.

However, there I encounter the problem that ATL does not find the classe in the ecore model. I think it has got something to do with the type definition in xsd.

The model is quite complex and it would be too much to create my own ecore from scratch. So I would like to know whether this problem is known and if there is a workaround.

Cheers!
Re: [ATL] xsd->Ecore->ATL [message #658662 is a reply to message #658616] Wed, 09 March 2011 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi,
This is probably the most asked question about ATL Smile The newsgroup has many discussions on this. See http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=204769& amp;start=0&S=d07807d8af6668a8455bf0fcf9495310 and http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=203153& amp;start=0&S=6b866a5d1c59903dcc99e0e6ace7b17c for starters.

Basically your problem is most likely that you have not registered you XML Schema derived Ecore model. You must generate code off this model to have it registered.

Regards,
Ronan
Re: [ATL] xsd->Ecore->ATL [message #658690 is a reply to message #658662] Wed, 09 March 2011 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Thanks for the reply, sorry to bother you Wink... but googled and searched the forum, have not found anything helpful until now.
Re: [ATL] xsd->Ecore->ATL [message #658773 is a reply to message #658690] Wed, 09 March 2011 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pungin  is currently offline Pungin Friend
Okay,

I have now created the plugin with the model... but what am I supposed to select in the EMF-Registry Menu in ATL... it still is not shown (at least I don't know which to choose).
The plug-in is loaded and I also export all the packages. I also created the edit and editor plug-in but it still does not show up in the EMF-Registry.

Cheers
Re: [ATL] xsd->Ecore->ATL [message #658780 is a reply to message #658773] Wed, 09 March 2011 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay, found it....

1. switch to ATL view
2. click right on ecore and select register metamodel
3. whowhoo finally ^^
Re: [ATL] xsd->Ecore->ATL [message #659131 is a reply to message #658780] Fri, 11 March 2011 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay I still don't get it Mad

It's still the same error...

Error loading platform:/resource/****.xml: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.ClassNotFoundException: Class '***' is not found or is abstract

BTW.: I am using extended metadata. I somewhere read that ATL has problems with that..

Could someone please tell me step by step how I deploy the plug-in or accomplish this task differently. Obviously I am too stupid to to that.

Cheers
Re: [ATL] xsd->Ecore->ATL [message #659275 is a reply to message #659131] Fri, 11 March 2011 18:50 Go to previous message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi,
Your attempting to do 2 different ways of registering your metamodel. I recommend you do the following.
- You created the model/edit/editor code earlier didn't you?
- To get the meta-model registered using this code you must either
a) deploy plugins and put them intot your plugins folder. Google this or read http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipsePlugIn/article.html Section 6
b) deploy the plugins by launching a second eclipse from your first eclipse. This second eclipse will have your plugins deployed into it. This is my prefered approach during development as the plugins get updates every time you launch the second eclipse.
- Once the plugins are deployed they will register themselves and the meta-model will be available to ATL via the Registered Ecore (can't remember the exact name right now) models button.
Good luck!
Ronan
Previous Topic:[ATL] probem with XML model
Next Topic:[ATL] Enrich Models with additional information
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:17:35 GMT 2024