Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [QVTo] Blackbox example - Cannot find imported compilation unit
[QVTo] Blackbox example - Cannot find imported compilation unit [message #658061] Sat, 05 March 2011 19:31 Go to next message
Kirsten M. Z. is currently offline Kirsten M. Z.Friend
Hello,

currently, I try to get the block-box library example working. Unfortunately, I always get the error:

Cannot find imported compilation unit 'm2m.qvt.oml.UtilitiesLibrary'.

Because of the poor documentation, I have no idea if it my mistake, or maybe a bug.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download "eclipse-modeling-helios-SR2-incubation-win32" and run
2. Install QVTo via "Installing Modelling Components" and restart
3. Create "Black-box Library Definition" project via Example Wizard
4. "Run as" -> "Eclipse Application" to start new instance (thereby, I expect that extensions point is loaded and black box is registered correctly?)
5. For simplicity, I just create "SimpleUML to RDB Transformation Project" there.
6. Open "Simpleuml_To_Rdb.qvto" file and include the following line at the top:

import m2m.qvt.oml.UtilitiesLibrary;

Then I get the error

Of course, I also tried

import org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.examples.blackbox.UtilitiesLibrary;

and others... but I think this is not how it is intended.

What's wrong?

I have the same problem using standalone transformations. However, I know the reason there (no extension point, so no registration, etc.):

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=197633& amp;start=0&S=e85c964f9a12aa146d7eee0f5a2ff245

After looking into the sources, I have found stuff like BlackboxRegistry or UnitResolver. However, there is no possibility to bring my own registry (registry entry) or unit resolver into play.

Could anyone provide more information/documentation?
Re: [QVTo] Blackbox example - Cannot find imported compilation unit [message #658100 is a reply to message #658061] Sun, 06 March 2011 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kirsten M. Z. is currently offline Kirsten M. Z.Friend
Ok, I found the problem. In my opinion, the documentation is the real problem here. So for anybody who ends in this thread.

<extension point="org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.javaBlackboxUnits">
   		<unit name="ExampleJavaLib" namespace="m2m.qvt.oml">
    		<library name="UtilLib" class="org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.examples.blackbox.UtilitiesLibrary">
    			<metamodel nsURI="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore"/>
    		</library>
		</unit>
</extension>

For such an extension point the class org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.examples.blackbox.UtilitiesLibrary must be accessed the following way (within the QVTo script):

import m2m.qvt.oml.ExampleJavaLib;

[Updated on: Sun, 06 March 2011 12:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [QVTo] Blackbox example - Cannot find imported compilation unit [message #658407 is a reply to message #658100] Tue, 08 March 2011 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haffi is currently offline HaffiFriend
Thank you for putting this here, I'm dealing exactly with this problem. Do the transformations and the library have to be within the same project/plugin?
Re: [QVTo] Blackbox example - Cannot find imported compilation unit [message #692799 is a reply to message #658407] Tue, 05 July 2011 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominic S. is currently offline Dominic S.Friend
Hey!

I'm dealing with this problem, too. But unfortunately, I do not get it working the way you (@Kirsten) described. Can this possibly be a problem of the eclipse version? I'm using Helios. I tried to get the Papyrus java blackbox transformation working (no code written by my own, sometimes it must have worked) but I receive the same error.

Is there anything else I have to do to get this working?

Please, I will appreciate any helpful comment!

Best regards,
Dominic

/edit Oh, you're using Helios as well. This post is not as old as I thought Wink Well, what else could cause that trouble? Maybe you could send me your source code for the working example? This would be *very* helpful, I suppose... I've got a deadline one week ahead, then I'll need my code working, so I'll be very grateful for sure

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2011 09:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [QVTo] Blackbox example - Cannot find imported compilation unit [message #692812 is a reply to message #692799] Tue, 05 July 2011 09:35 Go to previous message
Dominic S. is currently offline Dominic S.Friend
Hmm... I indeed did not start a new instance of eclipse and created the second example project here, but I tried to get it working in one eclipse instance and thought that would do the job. Isn't this possible? So I could simultanously develop the blackbox classes and the QVTo scripts (these are supposed to be shipped in one plugin). Did you get such stuff working?

Best regards,
Dominic
Previous Topic:problem with XML!Text
Next Topic:[ATL] Launch atl transformations programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:05:12 GMT 2024