Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Libra » Auto resource refresh on save
Auto resource refresh on save [message #658035] Sat, 05 March 2011 10:42 Go to next message
David Erickson is currently offline David EricksonFriend
Hi folks,
First, congratulations on getting the projects setup and running, I think this project will be very very useful.

Second, I just finished watching the video posted on the front page, which shows great progress. The key feature I'm lacking right now while developing OSGi web bundles is when I save the file I have to manually go refresh the bundle in the running container then refresh my browser to check the fix. This is *amazingly* tedious. How far off are we from some code that will auto refresh the bundle when a resource is saved?

Thanks!
David
Re: Auto resource refresh on save [message #658366 is a reply to message #658035] Tue, 08 March 2011 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Hi David,

You are absolutely right that the auto refresh of bundles is an important feature. It is covered by the following statement in the scope described in the project proposal:

Quote:
OSGi server adapter, providing basic implementation of configuring an OSGi-based application server, starting it and deploying OSGi enterprise artifacts. This server adapter should be customizable and extensible by adopters.

Such server adapter could be easily configured to automatically redeploy (meaning refreshing the bundles of) the modified application.

However, the current focus of the Libra project is to deliver the already contributed features with the Indigo Release: the OSGi Bundle Facet (the one you've seen on the screencast) and the WAR Products.

The next major step is to complete the process of the initial contributions of the rest of the participating companies like IBM and Eteration. This will enable us to consolidate our code bases.

So, new features - like the OSGi server adapter - can be expected in the early milestones after Indigo.

Greetings,
Kaloyan
Re: Auto resource refresh on save [message #658372 is a reply to message #658366] Tue, 08 March 2011 09:14 Go to previous message
David Erickson is currently offline David EricksonFriend
Thanks for the information, looking forward to that feature! Keep up the good work!
Previous Topic:Welcome to eclipse.libra
Next Topic:Exporting bundles as deployable plugins seems broken
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:52:50 GMT 2024