Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Where does headless buckminster look for eclipse launchers?
Where does headless buckminster look for eclipse launchers? [message #657982] Fri, 04 March 2011 19:20 Go to next message
Josh Hester is currently offline Josh HesterFriend
Does it look for the equinox platform launchers in its plugins folder or in the target platform?

It looks to me like it is looking inside of its plugins dir, but I'd like it to look inside of the TP.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2011 19:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where does headless buckminster look for eclipse launchers? [message #657994 is a reply to message #657982] Fri, 04 March 2011 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Should be in the Target Platform, provided you defined them in your Target Definition.
Re: Where does headless buckminster look for eclipse launchers? [message #658256 is a reply to message #657994] Mon, 07 March 2011 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do I have to define them by name? In my .target file I have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<?pde version="3.6"?>

<target name="Target">
<locations>
<location path="${workspace_loc}/org.myproject.site" type="Profile"/>
</locations>
<environment>
<os>win32</os>
<ws>win32</ws>
<arch>x86</arch>
<nl>en_US</nl>
</environment>
</target>

In that folder I have my plugins and features folders which contain the equinox platform launchers, but buckminster still is telling me it can't find jars that are definitely in those folders.

My rmap file looks like this for reference:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rm:rmap xmlns:bc="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0" xmlns:rm="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0">
<rm:locator searchPathRef="resources"/>
<rm:searchPath name="resources">
<rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature" mutable="true" readerType="local">
<rm:uri format="file:///{0}/{1}/">
<bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root"/>
<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
</rm:uri>
</rm:provider>
<rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature,jar" mutable="true" readerType="url" source="false">
<rm:uri format="file:///{0}/org.myproduct.site/plugins/{1}/">
<bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root"/>
<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
</rm:uri>
</rm:provider>
</rm:searchPath>
</rm:rmap>

It seems like to me everything is in place, but when I execute my build in jenkins (hudson) I get:

Missing requirement: Product1.0.0.201103071035 (org.myproduct.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.201103071035) requires 'org.eclipse.core.resources.win32.x86 [3.5.100.v20100505-1345]' but it could not be found

Where should this jar be and how do I need to tell buckminster about it?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2011 15:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where does headless buckminster look for eclipse launchers? [message #658263 is a reply to message #658256] Mon, 07 March 2011 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One thing I've wondered about is right now i have the url readertype pointed to that plugins directory, how can I change it to include both the features and plugins directories?
Re: Where does headless buckminster look for eclipse launchers? [message #658334 is a reply to message #658263] Mon, 07 March 2011 22:58 Go to previous message
Figured this out, I was able to simply paste it in. Buckminster was getting confused as some of these (the windows ones) were also in my feature.xml

Thanks for the help!
Previous Topic:Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar
Next Topic:core.runtime missing in bundles.info
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:26:30 GMT 2024