Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » Eclipse Expert for Plug-in
Eclipse Expert for Plug-in [message #657970] Fri, 04 March 2011 18:32 Go to next message
Jonathan Dumaine is currently offline Jonathan DumaineFriend
I am looking for an Eclipse rockstar. I've got a doozy of a plugin to build and I need someone who knows the framework like they built it (hint, hint). Here's a quick description of the plugin I need; if you think you can do it, you're qualified. It's a plugin that adds custom coloring to all existing text editors (possibly via a SWT Canvas or the editor part's graphics context). To make that clear, if a user installs the plugin on whatever Eclipse flavor he has, it will modify his Java Editor, XML Editor, Plain Text Editor, etc. so that these customizations will be shown. To my knowledge, there are no extension points that will allow this, so you may have to resort to something like byte code weaving or the reflection APIs. So, again, if you feel confident this is within your realm of expertise, please send me an email. This is of course a paid project.
Re: Eclipse Expert for Plug-in [message #658062 is a reply to message #657970] Sat, 05 March 2011 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse RCP is currently offline Eclipse RCPFriend
Jonathan,
please provide an email address. I work on the Eclipse platform and could help you with the problem.
Re: Eclipse Expert for Plug-in [message #658074 is a reply to message #658062] Sun, 06 March 2011 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, there's a setting in the forum's control panel to allow user's to email you, but apparently there's no form for doing so!

My email is jonathan.dumaine _ dumstruck.com (obfuscated for crawlers Razz)
Re: Eclipse Expert for Plug-in [message #667111 is a reply to message #657970] Tue, 26 April 2011 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This position has been filled. Thanks for reading and all who applied. If there are any moderators, please feel free to lock/close this thread.
Re: Eclipse Expert for Plug-in [message #895981 is a reply to message #667111] Mon, 16 July 2012 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephanie Krauter is currently offline Stephanie KrauterFriend
Hi Jonathan,
I need to hire an Eclipse expert for a project. Are you able to refer me to the person you ended up hiring, if your project has ended?

Thank You,
Stephanie
Re: Eclipse Expert for Plug-in [message #896113 is a reply to message #895981] Tue, 17 July 2012 09:54 Go to previous message
Maciej Teska is currently offline Maciej TeskaFriend
Hi Stephanie,

If you are looking for high skilled Eclipse developers and you would be interested in cooperation with company which offers programming services, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I represents Synergia Pro, company based in Poland which specialize in Java, Eclipse Development.

Best regards,
Maciej Teska
Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP and EMF Developers needed in NY City, Denver or Portland
Next Topic:Eclipse RCP Lead Developer - Full Time - Esprow - Singapore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:10:44 GMT 2024