Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Problem with rmap file?
Problem with rmap file? [message #657772] Thu, 03 March 2011 23:49 Go to next message
Josh Hester is currently offline Josh HesterFriend
Ok I think I've just about got things going with hudson..er.. jenkins and buckminster. When I try to run my build now I get:

ERROR [0002] : No suitable provider for component org.myproduct.feature:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap file:/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/MyProduct/workspace/org.myproduct .site/site.rmap
ERROR [0002] : No suitable provider for component org.myproduct.feature:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath resources
ERROR [0002] : Resolution attempt ended with exception: CSpec org.myproduct.feature has no action, group, or local artifact named buckminster.clean
ERROR CSpec org.myproduct.feature has no action, group, or local artifact named buckminster.clean

If I change the readerType from local to url I get:

ERROR [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.myproduct.site:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap file:/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/MyProduct/workspace/org.myproduct .site/site.rmap
ERROR [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.myproduct.site:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath resources
ERROR [0001] : Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider url( file:////var/lib/jenkins/jobs/MyProduct/workspace/org.myprod uct.site/): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature
ERROR Provider url( file:////var/lib/jenkins/jobs/MyProduct/workspace/org.myprod uct.site/): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature

Here is my rmap file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rmap
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0"
xmlns:bc="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0"
xmlns:mp="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/MavenProvider-1.0"
xmlns:pp="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/PDEMapProvider-1.0">

<searchPath name="resources">
<provider readerType="url" componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature"
mutable="true" source="true">
<uri format="file:///{0}/{1}/">
<bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root" />
<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
</uri>
</provider>
</searchPath>

<locator searchPathRef="resources"/>
</rmap>

I know these errors can be misleading, does anyone have any clue what could be going on here?
Re: Problem with rmap file? [message #657776 is a reply to message #657772] Fri, 04 March 2011 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alan Underwood is currently offline Alan UnderwoodFriend
Josh

You can't load a mutable project with the url reader because an eclipse project is a directory containing various files. As the bucky book states for the url reader:
url A reader capable of reading one single file appointed by an URL
(typically a jar, dll, or other pre-compiled artifact).

The 'local' reader expects to receive a 'project' directory containing a feature.xml (or META-INF/MANIFEST.INF for a plug-in) which is scanned to generate the CSPEC. A url.catalog reader does the same but will copy the project to your workspace directory and open it rather than opening it from where it is.

Therefore you can use the 'url' reader to get a plug-in jar, source plug-in jar, feature jar or source feature jar by pointing at it directly or using a matcher to find it. You can't get a project.

You can use 'local' or 'url.catalog' to get an eclipse project in to the workspace.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong... Confused

Alan
Re: Problem with rmap file? [message #657781 is a reply to message #657776] Fri, 04 March 2011 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alan Underwood wrote on Thu, 03 March 2011 20:06
Josh

You can't load a mutable project with the url reader because an eclipse project is a directory containing various files. As the bucky book states for the url reader:
url A reader capable of reading one single file appointed by an URL
(typically a jar, dll, or other pre-compiled artifact).

The 'local' reader expects to receive a 'project' directory containing a feature.xml (or META-INF/MANIFEST.INF for a plug-in) which is scanned to generate the CSPEC. A url.catalog reader does the same but will copy the project to your workspace directory and open it rather than opening it from where it is.

Therefore you can use the 'url' reader to get a plug-in jar, source plug-in jar, feature jar or source feature jar by pointing at it directly or using a matcher to find it. You can't get a project.

You can use 'local' or 'url.catalog' to get an eclipse project in to the workspace.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong... Confused

Alan

I'm confused, I did use local and just switched it to url after reading a suggestion here. Are you saying that my options of:

<uri format="file:///{0}/{1}/">
<bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root" />
<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
</uri>

are incorrect and should instead point to the feature?
Re: Problem with rmap file? [message #657831 is a reply to message #657772] Fri, 04 March 2011 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alan Underwood is currently offline Alan UnderwoodFriend
That you have mutable="true" as an attribute means you are trying to resolve/materialize eclipse projects (be they osgi.bundle or eclipse.feature projects).

You cannot resolve projects using 'url' as the readerType, only single files. (see the bucky book reference)

When buckminster looks for the site project using 'local' your format attribute suggests it will look for an eclipse feature project in file:///path/to/your/workspace/org.myproject.site/
Then when it looks for the org.myproject.feature using 'local' it will look for an eclipse project in file:///path/to/your/workspace/org.myproject.feature/

Check you can see file:///path/to/you/workspace/org.myproject.feature/.project and
file:///path/to/you/workspace/org.myproject.feature/feature. xml

I too am slightly confused as to why you are trying to resolve projects that are already in your workspace directory though...are they not open?

Trying changing the Buckminster options in Window > Preferences > Buckminster to use 1 thread for resolving and log level to debug, Then try to interpret the console output...

HTH

Alan
Re: Problem with rmap file? [message #657865 is a reply to message #657781] Fri, 04 March 2011 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Guckelsberger is currently offline Axel GuckelsbergerFriend
Hi Josh,

yes you should use local instead of url. The url reader is only for pointing
to single files (maybe jar or zip archives, don't know exactly). The local
reader is for importing projects from the filesystem.
For details please take a look into the Bucky book which explains these
providers more comprehensively.

Greetings
Axel

Josh Hester wrote:

> Alan Underwood wrote on Thu, 03 March 2011 20:06
>> Josh
>>
>> You can't load a mutable project with the url reader because an eclipse
>> project is a directory containing various files. As the bucky book states
>> for the url reader: url A reader capable of reading one single file
>> appointed by an URL
>> (typically a jar, dll, or other pre-compiled artifact).
>>
>> The 'local' reader expects to receive a 'project' directory containing a
>> feature.xml (or META-INF/MANIFEST.INF for a plug-in) which is scanned to
>> generate the CSPEC. A url.catalog reader does the same but will copy the
>> project to your workspace directory and open it rather than opening it
>> from where it is.
>>
>> Therefore you can use the 'url' reader to get a plug-in jar, source
>> plug-in jar, feature jar or source feature jar by pointing at it directly
>> or using a matcher to find it. You can't get a project.
>>
>> You can use 'local' or 'url.catalog' to get an eclipse project in to the
>> workspace.
>>
>> Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong... :?
>>
>> Alan
>
>
>
> I'm confused, I did use local and just switched it to url after reading a
> suggestion here. Are you saying that my options of:
>
> <uri format="file:///{0}/{1}/">
> <bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root" />
> <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
> </uri>
>
> are incorrect and should instead point to the feature?
Re: Problem with rmap file? [message #657871 is a reply to message #657772] Fri, 04 March 2011 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been using 'local' as I said I just tried url to see if that would yield a different result.

These files are not in my eclipse workspace, but in my hudson workspace as I'm building through hudson (now jenkins).

The org.myproject.feature folder contains both feature.xml and the .project file.

Still not clear on what could be causing this.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2011 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with rmap file? [message #657906 is a reply to message #657772] Fri, 04 March 2011 14:59 Go to previous message
Ok, this problem turned out to be there were two .product files in that feature which caused a problem. I didn't think it would since the file names are different and one has no id or name, but it did. Removed it and got a lot further. thanks guys.
Previous Topic:[git-reader] Materializing components from different sub-paths of the same repository
Next Topic:p2 update site binary folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:20:01 GMT 2024