Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Problem importing BIRT code in GWT application(BIRT and GWT no source code is available for type)
Problem importing BIRT code in GWT application [message #657749] Thu, 03 March 2011 20:20 Go to next message
Olly   is currently offline Olly Friend
I'm posting here b/c I'm hoping someone may help me, but this could be a GWT issue more than a BIRT issue. I've got my GWT app running fine, but when I insert my BIRT code I get errors. I made sure that I have all the correct import statements and that I added the external birt jars from the ReportEngine/lib folder to the project. If I create a java project for the birt report code itself, it runs fine. As soon as I insert the code to the GWT app I get the errors:
No source code is available for type org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException; did you forget to inherit a required module?
The same for iReportEngine, EngineConfig etc...
Is there anywhere else I need to put these jars or what do i need to do? Any help is much appreciated.
Re: Problem importing BIRT code in GWT application [message #657929 is a reply to message #657749] Fri, 04 March 2011 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Have you added the birt plugins to your install?

Jason

On 3/3/2011 3:20 PM, azuniga wrote:
> I'm posting here b/c I'm hoping someone may help me, but this could be a
> GWT issue more than a BIRT issue. I've got my GWT app running fine, but
> when I insert my BIRT code I get errors. I made sure that I have all the
> correct import statements and that I added the external birt jars from
> the ReportEngine/lib folder to the project. If I create a java project
> for the birt report code itself, it runs fine. As soon as I insert the
> code to the GWT app I get the errors:
> No source code is available for type
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException; did you forget to
> inherit a required module?
> The same for iReportEngine, EngineConfig etc...
> Is there anywhere else I need to put these jars or what do i need to do?
> Any help is much appreciated.
Re: Problem importing BIRT code in GWT application [message #657935 is a reply to message #657929] Fri, 04 March 2011 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am trying to call BIRT code from the client side of the GWT project. Correct me if I'm wrong but apparently you cannot use external jars that don't have .gwt.xml files which is all of the BIRT jars. Or I could use the source, but I don't think thats available. I'll have to modify my project so that I call the BIRT functions on the client side, since I should be able to use external jars on the server side. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2368307/how-to-add-extern al-jar-file-into-gwt-project.
-Alessandro
Re: Problem importing BIRT code in GWT application [message #658443 is a reply to message #657749] Tue, 08 March 2011 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

This may be tough as BIRT currently requires OSGi to run the engine.

Jason
Re: Problem importing BIRT code in GWT application [message #658449 is a reply to message #658443] Tue, 08 March 2011 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to follow this strategy.
Link
Re: Problem importing BIRT code in GWT application [message #658476 is a reply to message #658449] Tue, 08 March 2011 16:18 Go to previous message

Sounds good. Be sure to update when you get it working.

Jason

On 3/8/2011 10:01 AM, azuniga wrote:
> I'm going to follow this strategy.
> http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/15515 -build-birt-report-engine-with-gwt/page__s__807747591481e9fc d39051d9553c0cc1
>
Previous Topic:Format number depending on the row value
Next Topic:Simple Java Application Creating and Saving Different Charts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:20:41 GMT 2024