Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Components palette in WindowBuilder(Palette of components available in WindowBuilder)
Components palette in WindowBuilder [message #657639] Thu, 03 March 2011 14:45 Go to next message
Funkl is currently offline FunklFriend
Hello,

where does windowbuilder store palettes that are imported via "Import palette" function (right-click onto palette > Import palette...). The former versions (7.1, 8.1) stored their palettes in the eclipse workspace in the file " WORKSPACE/.metadata/.plugins/com.instantiations.designer.cor e/palettes/com.instantaions.designer.swing.commands " - or at least the commands that customize the palette (at runtime?). Where does the new WindowBuilder store its palettes within the eclipse workspace?

Regards,
Martin
Re: Components palette in WindowBuilder [message #657679 is a reply to message #657639] Thu, 03 March 2011 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wojtek Surowka is currently offline Wojtek SurowkaFriend
The palettes were moved to workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wb.core/palettes.

Regards,
Wojtek
Re: Components palette in WindowBuilder [message #657801 is a reply to message #657679] Fri, 04 March 2011 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

thanks for the fast reply. what filename is the windowbuilder looking for?
i tried org.eclipse.wb.core.commands, but the windowbuilder didn't care at all.
the background is: i want to place the windowbuilder's palette within the workspace (not the single project/s!), so that i can have different component palettes in different workspaces. the wb should switch its palettes depending on which workspace i am currently using without having to switch manually all the time i change eclipse's workspace.

Regards,
Martin
Re: Components palette in WindowBuilder [message #657810 is a reply to message #657801] Fri, 04 March 2011 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wojtek Surowka is currently offline Wojtek SurowkaFriend
The file name is "org.eclipse.wb.swing.commands".

Wojtek
Re: Components palette in WindowBuilder [message #657812 is a reply to message #657810] Fri, 04 March 2011 08:07 Go to previous message
Thanks a lot, that was exactly the solution for my problem.
Previous Topic:Welcome to eclipse.windowbuilder
Next Topic:why my eclipse could not new a web project?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:34:14 GMT 2024