Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+P:
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+P: [message #657477] Wed, 02 March 2011 22:17 Go to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
Hi,

I am using eclipse CDT 3.6.2 with latest released linux tools. I am seeing in the log file the following messages. I this a bug? Should I open a ticket for this?

Thanks,
Yevgeny

#
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-01-18 19:46:55.669
#
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+P:
#
Binding(ALT+CTRL+P,
#
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelo g.core.preparechangelog2,Prepare Changelog In Editor,
#
Prepares ChangeLog in an editor,
#
Category(org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelog,Changelog,Changelo g key bindings,true),
#
ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.linuxtools.chang elog.core.actions.PrepareChangelogKeyHandler),
#
,,true),null),
#
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
#
org.eclipse.ui.textEditorScope,,,system)
#
Binding(ALT+CTRL+P,
#
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelo g.core.preparechangelog2,Prepare Changelog In Editor,
#
Prepares ChangeLog in an editor,
#
Category(org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelog,Changelog,Changelo g key bindings,true),
#
ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.linuxtools.chang elog.core.actions.PrepareChangelogKeyHandler),
#
,,true),null),
#
#
org.eclipse.compare.compareEditorScope,,,system)
#
Binding(ALT+CTRL+P,
#
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelo g.core.preparechangelog,Prepare Changelog,
#
Prepares Changelog,
#
#
#
,,true),null),
#
#
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
Re: !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+P: [message #659833 is a reply to message #657477] Tue, 15 March 2011 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
This conflict is known and a solution is being looked at.

The problem is that there is no registry for short-cuts so individual plug-ins being worked on by different groups can collide with other plug-in bindings. It depends on what you have installed at the same time.

You needn't worry about the message. If you want both the ChangeLog functionality and the other functionality at the same time, go to Preferences->General->Keys where you can set the binding of either to be whatever you want.
Re: !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+P: [message #659928 is a reply to message #659833] Wed, 16 March 2011 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. You are talking about a framework solution of how to handle multiple plug-ins (not related to each other) that use the same "key" for their action.

In this case the the same plug-in or group of plug-ins (org.eclipse.linuxtools) use the same "key". This seems like a specific bug in org.eclipse.linuxtools.

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Re: !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+P: [message #660323 is a reply to message #659928] Thu, 17 March 2011 21:28 Go to previous message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
Sorry, should have paid more attention to your log. There is a long-standing conflict with another plug-in that I assumed was the case. I'll take a look at it.
Previous Topic:Can events be filtered?
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Problem during LTTng eclipse plugin installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:56:34 GMT 2024