Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » 'Default' bundle start configuration overridden by product file config?
'Default' bundle start configuration overridden by product file config? [message #657335] Wed, 02 March 2011 13:40
Dave Nice is currently offline Dave NiceFriend
Hi there,

I'm in the process of upgrading a 3.4.2-based product to 3.6.1.

We previously suffered (we believe) from https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=252284, which meant that our dropins directory wasn't created.

Having upgraded to 3.6.1, we are still having issues. After manually creating the dropins directory, plugins in dropins still weren't being resolved. I determined that the problem was that org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins wasn't started.

To rectify this, In my product file, I specified that the dropins plug-in should have auto-start set to true. After exporting this product again, I had some other error messages including one telling me that org.eclipse.core.runtime was't started. Looking in more detail, I then didn't have a simpleconfigurator directory within my configuration dir (and therefore no bundles.info file).

I've managed to work around all of this by manually adding all of these to my product file, which ends up giving me a bundles.info file very similar to the original one, with dropins added!
<configurations>
<plugin id="org.eclipse.core.runtime" autoStart="true" startLevel="4" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.common" autoStart="true" startLevel="2" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.ds" autoStart="true" startLevel="1" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins" autoStart="true" startLevel="4" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator" autoStart="true" startLevel="1" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.osgi" autoStart="true" startLevel="0" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.update.configurator" autoStart="true" startLevel="4" />
</configurations>

Is this interaction between product config settings and losing auto-starts from bundles.info expected?

Am I OK to carry on with my own configuration set, as shown above?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Dave
Previous Topic:Create eclipse feature from target platform (Include all Environments )
Next Topic:p2 director behind a firewall / proxy does not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:06:33 GMT 2024