Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Using Spring DM v2_0_0_M2 in Virgo 3.0.0M2 (Impossible?)
Using Spring DM v2_0_0_M2 in Virgo 3.0.0M2 [message #657185] Tue, 01 March 2011 21:10 Go to next message
Stan is currently offline StanFriend
I tried updating org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.launch.properties to start spring-dm-v2 bundles I had copied into the lib/kernel dir but it did not work.

Is waiting for the gemini blueprint release the only option?
Re: Using Spring DM v2_0_0_M2 in Virgo 3.0.0M2 [message #657192 is a reply to message #657185] Tue, 01 March 2011 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stan is currently offline StanFriend
Just to be clear, I would not deploy any commercial product based on Virgo until after the Gemini Blueprint release.
Re: Using Spring DM v2_0_0_M2 in Virgo 3.0.0M2 [message #657259 is a reply to message #657192] Wed, 02 March 2011 08:47 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Please note that applications can use a different version of Spring DM (and Spring framework) to the version used by the kernel. Presumably that's what you are trying to achieve. You can do this by replacing the version of Spring DM in repository/ext and fixing up the plan(s) that refer to it. However, we haven't tested running the user region on Spring DM 2.0 and I suspect it won't work because certain Virgo bundles need to run in the user region which probably require Spring DM 1.x.

Some people have also gotten blueprint running alongside Spring DM in the user region. If you are keen to base your apps on blueprint, that's probably a good approach. See here for details.

Alternatively, you could use Spring DM 1.2.1 which is already provided in the user region and then migrate to blueprint in the fulness of time (e.g. when Virgo provides it out of the box). In that case, I would only use a limited subset of the Spring DM function that has equivalents in blueprint. For instance, I would steer clear of custom namespace support as this is not supported by blueprint.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2011 08:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Hot deployment and run-time modification to Plan artifacts
Next Topic:Bundle classpath resources fail to load when using ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:56:46 GMT 2024