Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Finding difficulties to open a GMF editor from another GMF editor(I am trying to open a GMF editor from another GMF editor. both of these GMF editors are in different Ecore models and packages. Can anyone help me to solve this problem. For eg: I want to open GMF ed)
Finding difficulties to open a GMF editor from another GMF editor [message #657110] Tue, 01 March 2011 16:04 Go to next message
SPRao  is currently offline SPRao Friend
I am trying to open a GMF editor from another GMF editor. both of these GMF editors are in different Ecore models and packages. Can anyone help me to solve this problem. For eg: I want to open GMF editor(2) from right click of an element in GMF editor(1) .GMF editor(1) is from df.ecore and GMF2 editor(2) is from df1.ecore.
Re: Finding difficulties to open a GMF editor from another GMF editor [message #657785 is a reply to message #657110] Fri, 04 March 2011 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Golubev is currently offline Michael GolubevFriend
Hello,

The detailed steps are described at the Diagram Partitioning - Usecase 2 "different type" article.

Regards,
Michael
Re: Finding difficulties to open a GMF editor from another GMF editor [message #658221 is a reply to message #657785] Mon, 07 March 2011 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply.
I cannot use the diagram partitioning because there is no link from df to df1 and I cannot change the existing design. Both the ecore files are independent of each other. Is it possible to have such kind of functionality of opening a GMF editor from another editor which are independent of each other. Please anyone help me out with this.
Re: Finding difficulties to open a GMF editor from another GMF editor [message #659684 is a reply to message #657785] Tue, 15 March 2011 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

Diagram partitioning does not really work in my case because I have a constraint that I cannot change the design of the ecore model, which means there is no relationship from df to df1.

But there is a reference relation from df1 to df. Is it possible to open the diagram of df1 from the diagram of df.

Regards,
SPRao
Re: Finding difficulties to open a GMF editor from another GMF editor [message #659731 is a reply to message #659684] Tue, 15 March 2011 11:54 Go to previous message
Michael Golubev is currently offline Michael GolubevFriend
Hello,

To my understanding this is not actually GMF question.

If your problem is that you can't find "interesting" df1 elements based on choosen df-element, I would suggest you to do either of the following:

- change metamodel to add readonly transient references intp df which are opposite to the references of interest from df1 to df
- use EMF Search component
- implement micro-search manually, by traversing all of the important DF1 resources, and caching their outgoing references pointed to DF instances

However, once again, to my understanding this is not specifically GMF problem -- you would face the same issue working with only the Tree editors, without any GEF at all.

Regards,
Michael
Previous Topic:Display containment through link
Next Topic:Change element's attributes from a popup action
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:49:58 GMT 2024