Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » M2M with interfaces
M2M with interfaces [message #657018] Tue, 01 March 2011 11:43
Stephan Krusche is currently offline Stephan KruscheFriend
I have the following constellation:

I want to implement a M2M transformation and I have two versions of my target metamodel: MM1 with classes A1 and B1 and MM2 with classes A2 and B2. As there are only small differences between A1 and A2 as well as between B1 and B2 I also have a generic metamodel GMM with interfaces I_A (which is implemented by A1 and A2) and I_B (which is implemented by B1 and B2).

I want to use GMM for the M2M transformation to avoid writing the same transformations for MM1 and MM2. Unfortunately this seems not to be possible with Xtend. I got the error message: Cannot instantiate an interface.

My question: Is it possible with QVT, ATL, Xtend or some other M2M technology for Eclipse to implement the M2M transformation with GMM as target metamodel and to specify something like a configuration (e.g. with dependency injection) for each concrete metamodel that maps the interfaces to their concrete classes? Then I could implement the M2M transformation for GMM and specify at runtime (of course before the transformation) which configuration (i.e. which concrete metamodel) is used for the transformation.

Is that possible?

Thank you and best regards
Stephan Krusche

Previous Topic:[ATL] content assist with library use
Next Topic:[QVTo] One transformation on two models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:51:14 GMT 2024