Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar
Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar [message #656785] Mon, 28 February 2011 15:26 Go to next message
Josh Hester is currently offline Josh HesterFriend
So I've built my product with buckminster fine with windows using a buckminster properties file.

Now I'm trying to build it for linux the same way. In the properties file I've got:

target.os=linux
target.ws=gtk
target.arch=x86

Then in my target platform and in my eclipse plugins directory I have both:

org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.1.0.v20100503.j ar

And they are both in my feature for the product I'm building, but when I run create.product, it builds all of my bundles and then at the end I keep getting:

Missing executable launcher for configuration gtk.linux.x86

I've tried everything I know to clear cache, telling buckminster to clean, deleting buckminsters metadata files, refreshing my target platform, etc. and I can not get it to locate this jar.

Any ideas?
Re: Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar [message #656789 is a reply to message #656785] Mon, 28 February 2011 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
The launcher comes from your target platform Eclipse. Specifically, it's in

(eclipse)/features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable_*/bin/gtk/ linux/x86

Note that is features/ not plugins/. As far as I know you don't need this feature in your product, but you do need it in the target Eclipse.

Matthew Webber
Re: Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar [message #656792 is a reply to message #656789] Mon, 28 February 2011 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really, that is odd as I don't have any equinox.launcher stuff in my features directory currently and the windows one is working fine?

ETA: adding it to features directory did not help.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2011 15:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar [message #656809 is a reply to message #656792] Mon, 28 February 2011 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it work when you are building for the same platform that you are running the build on, and fail when you try and do a cross-platform build?
Re: Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar [message #656843 is a reply to message #656809] Mon, 28 February 2011 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, that is the case. Ideally I'd like to run the build and have it create both, but right now I'm doing one at a time to make sure everything works. I'm on windows and the windows one is working but the Linux one is saying it can't find that launcher jar. I put the jar into the features area but it did not help.

Also, it looks like my other features in there are folders with a feature.xml but my org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.1.0.v20100503.j ar file looks to be a fragment bundle.
Re: Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar [message #657116 is a reply to message #656843] Tue, 01 March 2011 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh,

I wonder if the problem here is that you haven't set up your target platform correctly. You can't do it simply by copying in the files you think you need; there is a specific method. "Delta Pack" is the search term you need.

Let us know how you set things up, and if it sounds wrong I can dig out some links for you.

Matthew
Re: Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar [message #658308 is a reply to message #657116] Mon, 07 March 2011 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm somewhat familiar with the delta pack, although I've always just copied its features and plugins into my eclipse directory.

I'm trying to do the same thing here but buckminster is not picking up on them. I'm thinking it may have to do with how I'm specifying things to buckminster in my rmap file. How should I point to the features and plugins directories there?
Re: Buckminster can't find equinox platform launcher jar [message #658333 is a reply to message #658308] Mon, 07 March 2011 22:58 Go to previous message
Figured this out, I was able to simply paste it in. Buckminster was getting confused as some of these (the windows ones) were also in my feature.xml

Thanks for the help!
Previous Topic:Source feature not generated for site.p2
Next Topic:Where does headless buckminster look for eclipse launchers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:11:37 GMT 2024