Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to place a legacy view in the editor area
How to place a legacy view in the editor area [message #656098] Thu, 24 February 2011 08:37 Go to next message
Thomas Kratz is currently offline Thomas KratzFriend
Hi,

I tried (#fail) to open a legacy viewPart in the editor area through a perspective extension. That at least doesn't seem to work. Can someone point out to me how I could make the view go to the editorArea when it first gets opened ?

Regards
Thomas
Re: How to place a legacy view in the editor area [message #656166 is a reply to message #656098] Thu, 24 February 2011 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remy Suen is currently offline Remy SuenFriend
Thomas Kratz wrote on Thu, 24 February 2011 03:37
I tried (#fail) to open a legacy viewPart in the editor area through a perspective extension. That at least doesn't seem to work. Can someone point out to me how I could make the view go to the editorArea when it first gets opened ?

I don't think this is possible (because there is no code path in 3.x that will do it). You raise an interesting point though. I will (try to remember to) bring this up during today's meeting.
Re: How to place a legacy view in the editor area [message #656257 is a reply to message #656098] Thu, 24 February 2011 18:28 Go to previous message
Remy Suen is currently offline Remy SuenFriend
Thomas Kratz wrote on Thu, 24 February 2011 03:37
I tried (#fail) to open a legacy viewPart in the editor area through a perspective extension.

Thomas, can you paste your plugin.xml snippet into the bug? We'd like to take a look at what you tried and then see if we can a) make sure it does "nothing" on 3.x and then b) make it work on 4.x.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=338124
Previous Topic:Trouble with visible when
Next Topic:How to disable perspective switcher and quick access?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:33:33 GMT 2024