Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » What's the best way to package and share OQL queries
What's the best way to package and share OQL queries [message #656031] Wed, 23 February 2011 19:57 Go to next message
Krishna R is currently offline Krishna RFriend
Hello,

What is the best way to share OQL queries with others? I have written a bunch of queries which do some stuff, unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't know much about writing the queries, neither the classnames, but are interested in the results.

I have written some queries and packaged into plugins, but I didn't find the way how to package OQL queries into plugins.

I experimented with "org.eclipse.mat.inspections.OQLQuery" by writing an IQuery implementation that does the following:

public IResult execute(IProgressListener listener)
	throws Exception
	{
		OQLQuery queryObject = new OQLQuery();
		queryObject.snapshot = this.snapshot;
		queryObject.queryString = "SELECT s, toString(s) from java.lang.String ";
		return queryObject.execute(listener);
	}

This didn't work initially (failed with a ClassNotFound for OQLQuery class), I made it to work by modifying Manifest file in MAT api jar, and added "org.eclipse.mat.inspections" package to Export-packages.

Agree that this is not the right way, but would like to know what is the cleanest way to do the same.

Any pointers would be helpful!

Thank you,
Krishna
Re: What's the best way to package and share OQL queries [message #656638 is a reply to message #656031] Sun, 27 February 2011 19:56 Go to previous message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
One way is this:
String query = "SELECT s, toString(s) from java.lang.String s";
IResult ir = SnapshotQuery.lookup("oql", snapshot).setArgument("queryString", query).execute(listener);

Supplied queries aren't actually part of the Memory Analyzer API, but this is cleaner than linking directly to that query.

Previous Topic:Analyzing a tomcat instance started using sysdeo
Next Topic:ClassLoader analysis and IBM .phd files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:16:32 GMT 2024