Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to display aggregations like links in the generated editor
How to display aggregations like links in the generated editor [message #656000] Wed, 23 February 2011 17:11 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
I've been reading about how to display aggregation relationship between two classes in the diagram, like a simply link in the generated editor keeping containment property in true.
There are many items about how to do it with containers, but there aren't any of them without containers (all I need is do it with a link).

A<>----B (diagram)

A----->B (This is what I want to show in the editor)

I hope you can help me! Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2011 17:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to display aggregations like links in the generated editor [message #656135 is a reply to message #656000] Thu, 24 February 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

I already opened this as a feature request in bugzilla. It is bug #336363 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=336363). Please comment on this bug to get the feature in on the long run. Maybe it will not help you now but it will help the project. Sometimes solutions to your problem will be postet to bugs too. So take time to at least copy one of your duplicated forums post to the bug.

It looks like the Initialize gmfmap_diagram feature of GMF version 2.4.0M5 uses a trick to do what you want. But I do not know how that is done.

Thanks!!

Ralph

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2011 10:44]

Re: How to display aggregations like links in the generated editor [message #656221 is a reply to message #656000] Thu, 24 February 2011 15:51 Go to previous message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2011 15:51]

Previous Topic:Edior out of synch with the file system
Next Topic:Drop down menu or autocompletion for labels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:27:16 GMT 2024