Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » That holy org.eclipse.ui package! :S(Every given bundle!)
icon13.gif  That holy org.eclipse.ui package! :S [message #655737] Tue, 22 February 2011 14:27 Go to next message
Peter Boccia is currently offline Peter BocciaFriend
Hi all,

my job on the system with ECF is moving on to next level with other new UI features.

But now I have this little error and others really similar:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2011-02-22 13:27:56.974
!MESSAGE Plug-in org.eclipse.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.ui.internal.commands.CommandServiceFactory.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter $TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench (79).

Or something with this header:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2011-02-22 13:27:56.850
!MESSAGE Plug-in org.eclipse.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.ui.themes.RGBBlendColorFactory.
!STACK 0

and the same text after.

Now I think that some classes from org.eclipse.ui are not properly single-sourced well.
Any suggest on the solution or a good workaround? Rolling Eyes Embarrassed

Thank you!

P.s.: I add also the osgi bundles from output:
http://www.asd08.altervista.org/osgi_output110222.txt

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2011 14:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: That holy org.eclipse.ui package! :S [message #655756 is a reply to message #655737] Tue, 22 February 2011 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Peter,
which version of RAP are you using? If 1.3.x, it is based on Workbench
3.4. Maybe the problem is that it needs a more recent version of the
jface/workbench. If this is the case, please try it with RAP 1.4M5 or
CVS HEAD. We updated both bundles to the current 3.7 state.
HTH,
Ivan

On 2/22/2011 4:27 PM, Peter Boccia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my job on the system with ECF is moving on to next level with other
> new UI features.
>
> But now I have this little error and others really similar:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2011-02-22 13:27:56.974
> !MESSAGE Plug-in org.eclipse.ui was unable to load class
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.commands.CommandServiceFactory.
> !STACK 0
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter
> $TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while
> automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench (79).
>
> Or something with this header:
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2011-02-22 13:27:56.850
> !MESSAGE Plug-in org.eclipse.ui was unable to load class
> org.eclipse.ui.themes.RGBBlendColorFactory.
> !STACK 0
>
> and the same text after.
>
> Now I think that some classes from org.eclipse.ui are not properly
> single-sourced well.
> Any suggest on the solution or a good workaround? :roll: :blush:
> Thank you!
Re: That holy org.eclipse.ui package! :S [message #655784 is a reply to message #655756] Tue, 22 February 2011 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

Peter,

You have the org.eclipse.ui et.al. bundles in your target platform. These are replaced by the RAP equivalents and should not be included. In order to get the ecf ui bundles to work, you will need to check them out from the ecf git repository and change the bundle dependencies for single sourcing. There are other issues that may need to be addressed as well.

It also looks like you have EMF ui bundles, these will need to be modified as well if you need them. I think there might be some documentation on the wiki about getting EMF to work with RAP.

I looked over the Coffee project I believe you are trying to get working, and it also requires GEF which is not currently supported in RAP. Just to make you aware of the next roadblock after you get ECF working. There are at least two efforts to get GEF working: an implementation using flash which I haven't heard much about in a while, and a version using the new features of the GC in RAP 1.4 with some modifications which my organization is working on. We hope to release our version at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Cole
Re: That holy org.eclipse.ui package! :S [message #656163 is a reply to message #655784] Thu, 24 February 2011 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cole,

I added the EMF RAP Target components. But I have to take my degree and so I can't wait the deployment of a single-sourced or supported GEF.

I talk with my supervisor and we agree to take off from Coffee what is not supported and try to give only the communication between clients (a minimal part of the Coffee plugin).

For all the other classes not supported yet we think to replace them with others from RAP (rwt). We think this will work, but I should try to find out.
I'll let you know how work is going on.

Peter.

Cole Markham wrote on Tue, 22 February 2011 10:59
Peter,

You have the org.eclipse.ui et.al. bundles in your target platform. These are replaced by the RAP equivalents and should not be included. In order to get the ecf ui bundles to work, you will need to check them out from the ecf git repository and change the bundle dependencies for single sourcing. There are other issues that may need to be addressed as well.

It also looks like you have EMF ui bundles, these will need to be modified as well if you need them. I think there might be some documentation on the wiki about getting EMF to work with RAP.

I looked over the Coffee project I believe you are trying to get working, and it also requires GEF which is not currently supported in RAP. Just to make you aware of the next roadblock after you get ECF working. There are at least two efforts to get GEF working: an implementation using flash which I haven't heard much about in a while, and a version using the new features of the GC in RAP 1.4 with some modifications which my organization is working on. We hope to release our version at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Cole

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2011 15:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: That holy org.eclipse.ui package! :S [message #658248 is a reply to message #656163] Mon, 07 March 2011 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
After a lot of work, updating everything and clear up, I got a trouble:

2011-03-07 16:10:28.813:WARN::ERROR: /rap;jsessionid=fm16pe9qfa2xoioribqg72x7
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An entry point named 'ECFTest.entrypoint1' does not exist.
at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.EntryPointManager.createU I(EntryPointManager.java:77)
at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle.createUI(RWT LifeCycle.java:242)
at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle$UIThreadCont roller.run(RWTLifeCycle.java:111)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UIThread.run(UIThread.jav a:102)

I think it's a problem of bundles but I don't know which and why.

Thank you in advance.
Re: That holy org.eclipse.ui package! :S [message #658376 is a reply to message #658248] Tue, 08 March 2011 09:17 Go to previous message
Ralf Sternberg is currently offline Ralf SternbergFriend

Hi,

this error means that you try to access an entrypoint named
'ECFTest.entrypoint1' but this entrypoint does not exist. Entrypoints are
implementations of either IEntryPoint or IApplication and have to be
registered with the appropriate extension point. Maybe the bundle that
provides your entrypoint is not installed?

HTH, Ralf

--
Ralf Sternberg

Twitter: @ralfstx
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:Scrollable Canvas
Next Topic:problem, when use SessionStoreListener() and UICallBack.activate()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:17:20 GMT 2024