Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Incorrect margins and paddings when generating DOC file
Incorrect margins and paddings when generating DOC file [message #655267] Fri, 18 February 2011 21:33 Go to next message
Stanislav  is currently offline Stanislav Friend
I am trying to do a report that will have a doc style for headers and indentation i.e.
1. Some topic
__The text here is alligned to the first leter
__1.2. Some subtopic
______Text here is also alligned to the first leter

By using styles I set correct margins (tried with paddings too) and everything looks good in PDF and HTML, but not in DOC.
Run the report here (very simple one) http://pics.daskalov.net/BIRT/SingleReport_short.rptdesign once to generate PDF and once DOC and will see the problem.
Word is just ignoring paddings and margins.
I tried with Indents, but then only the first line of any multi-line (like dynamic text) component is moved on right, while the next lines start from the beggining of the page.

Can you give me an advice how to move blocks of text on right, please? Is there a standard way for emulating "bullets and numbering"?
Re: Incorrect margins and paddings when generating DOC file [message #655522 is a reply to message #655267] Mon, 21 February 2011 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone?
the obvious solution is to use 2 columns, the first used only to set indent on it, and second for the content.
But if there is a chance to do it with 1 column will be great.
Re: Incorrect margins and paddings when generating DOC file [message #655564 is a reply to message #655522] Mon, 21 February 2011 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Can you log a bug for this?

Jason

On 2/21/2011 9:46 AM, Stanislav wrote:
> Anyone?
> the obvious solution is to use 2 columns, the first used only to set
> indent on it, and second for the content.
> But if there is a chance to do it with 1 column will be great.
Re: Incorrect margins and paddings when generating DOC file [message #655590 is a reply to message #655267] Mon, 21 February 2011 20:36 Go to previous message
I will try, haven't done it ever.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2011 20:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Howto create a Timedimension
Next Topic:Expose BIRT Reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:16:19 GMT 2024