Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Dynamic model support appears broken
[Acceleo] Dynamic model support appears broken [message #654983] Thu, 17 February 2011 21:18 Go to next message
Glenview Jeff is currently offline Glenview JeffFriend
I submitted this as an Acceleo bug but have seen no activity on it, so I'm cross-posting the issue here in case it's user error:

I'm using Acceleo SDK 3.0.1.v201009150438. I want to use dynamic models but it
appears that this feature is broken.

1. Create an empty acceleo project
2. Create a simple ecore file with one top level class named AcceleoBug.
3. Create a new mtl generator file, select the newly created ecore file.

Note that the line in the template file that reads:
[file (a.name, false, 'UTF-8')]

has an error (unrecognized variable: "name")

Is this a bug or is there something else I have to do to make Acceleo aware of the Ecore meta-meta-class's name field?
Re: [Acceleo] Dynamic model support appears broken [message #655081 is a reply to message #654983] Fri, 18 February 2011 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

I'm must be missing something in the description of your problem because it work for me:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_R0aPxLxg16E/TV4-30uHiaI/AAAAAAAAAHw/k0xG01mV4w4/AcceleoBug.png

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Acceleo wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Acceleo
Blogs: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com & http://sbegaudeau.tumblr.com
Re: [Acceleo] Dynamic model support appears broken [message #655855 is a reply to message #654983] Tue, 22 February 2011 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane:

Thanks for the quick answer! To clarify, I was talking about using dynamic instances as described in section 7.3 of this tutorial.

Your mtl file should look like this (not using the Ecore meta-model, but your custom one.)

Quote:
[module generate('/org.eclipse.acceleo.test/model/My.ecore')/]
[template public generate(e : AcceleoBug)]

The purpose of doing all of this is to speed development by avoiding the necessity to spawn children Eclipse sessions and to avoiding splitting the whole project into two parts (metamodel and model/generated source.)
Re: [Acceleo] Dynamic model support appears broken [message #655857 is a reply to message #654983] Tue, 22 February 2011 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane:

Thanks for the quick answer! To clarify, I was talking about using dynamic instances as described in section 7.3 of this tutorial.

Your mtl file should look like this (not using the Ecore meta-model, but your custom one.)

Quote:
[module generate('/org.eclipse.acceleo.test/model/My.ecore')/]
[template public generate(e : AcceleoBug)]

The purpose of doing all of this is to speed development by avoiding the necessity to spawn children Eclipse sessions and to avoiding splitting the whole project into two parts (metamodel and model/generated source.)
Re: [Acceleo] Dynamic model support appears broken [message #656269 is a reply to message #654983] Thu, 24 February 2011 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane:

I was wondering if you had a chance to reproduce the problem when using the custom meta-model (as opposed to using the standard ecore model.)

Thanks,
Jeff
Re: [Acceleo] Dynamic model support appears broken [message #656880 is a reply to message #654983] Mon, 28 February 2011 21:22 Go to previous message
To update anyone else interested in this: According to Laurent Goubet, this is currently a known bug/limitation in Acceleo.
Previous Topic:[JET] relating GMF to JET
Next Topic:[Acceleo3] Polymorphism in queries?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:38:57 GMT 2024