Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Preventing resize of a popup with a resize border
Preventing resize of a popup with a resize border [message #654856] Thu, 17 February 2011 13:07 Go to next message
Giddi Ohm is currently offline Giddi OhmFriend
Is there any way to prevent a popup with the style INFOPOPUPRESIZE_SHELLSTYLE from being resized?

It may not sound very user friendly to show a resize border without allowing the user to resize the popup, but I would like to create a popup similar to the Date/Time popup in Windows 7 (which has a 7 pixel glass border around it). Setting the style to INFOPOPUPRESIZE_SHELLSTYLE gives me the style I want, but also enables resizing.

I've tried to prevent resizing using a ControlListener but this results in a slight flicker as the shell is apparently resized by the OS before it is restored by the listener.

Is there any way of achieving what I want in SWT?

Is there for instance a way to remove the default resize handler from the shell window after the resize style has been set?
Re: Preventing resize of a popup with a resize border [message #654883 is a reply to message #654856] Thu, 17 February 2011 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giddi Ohm is currently offline Giddi OhmFriend
To clarify: I would like a window with the border one gets with SWT.BORDER | SWT.TITLE, but without the title.

Specifying just SWT.BORDER gives a totally different border than with SWT.TITLE.
Re: Preventing resize of a popup with a resize border [message #657676 is a reply to message #654883] Thu, 03 March 2011 15:48 Go to previous message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
Hi,

Aspects like shell behaviour are handled by the native window manager, and
overriding its behaviour is much more difficult than overriding behaviours
of more typical controls (buttons, etc.). I don't think there's a way to do
what you want nicely (ie.- without flicker, etc.).

Grant

"Giddi Ohm" <giddi_o@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ijja1d$tar$1@news.eclipse.org...
> To clarify: I would like a window with the border one gets with SWT.BORDER
> | SWT.TITLE, but without the title.
>
> Specifying just SWT.BORDER gives a totally different border than with
> SWT.TITLE.
Previous Topic:Aligning TableEditor on Linux
Next Topic:GUI Resource Estimate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:50:12 GMT 2024