Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Setting audio notification for server startup(Preference setting for audio on server startup not working)
Setting audio notification for server startup [message #654760] Thu, 17 February 2011 01:01
Peter  is currently offline Peter Friend
In Windows -> Preferences -> Server -> Audio you can apparently associate a .au or .wav sound file for certain server events like startup and shutdown. I have done the setup per the help document. But the audio fails to play.
The "Play" button on the preferences panel greys out so I cannot actually test whether Eclipse can play the sound files through Eclipse. I have verified that the sound files work outside of Eclipse. I have ensured sound is enabled in Eclipse and the volume is at max. Still, when the server starts, no audio. I'm running Eclipse Helios on a Windows XP machine. The server is Tomcat 6.

Update: I did get this to work once with the server startup event. But I cannot get it work again. The play button on the preferences dialog never works, however I found that the play button is only enabled when you first select the file (or update the file) associated with an event. If you close and re-open the preferences window the play button greys out again.

TIA for your response.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2011 20:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Facelets and Helios
Next Topic:Include web project in another web project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:54:17 GMT 2024