Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » TabItem contents problems(TabItem contents loses scrollbar and wont expand to fill area)
icon5.gif  TabItem contents problems [message #654695] Wed, 16 February 2011 17:38 Go to next message
Joel is currently offline JoelFriend
Hi,

I have been trying for hours to solve this problem but with no success Crying or Very Sad

I have a tabFolder with tabs that contain different forms. The problem is that the forms in the tabs do not expand to fill the area and they also lose their scroll bar.

Does anyone have any ideas how i can get the form to expand to fill the whole area with its scroll bar.

Here is the code im using:

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2011 15:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TabItem contents problems [message #654844 is a reply to message #654695] Thu, 17 February 2011 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

I think setting the layout for the composite and layoutData for the form should work.

basicComp.setLayout(new GridLayout());
form.setLayoutData(new GridData(GridData.FILL_BOTH))

Also note that basicComp.setLayoutData is not required.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: TabItem contents problems [message #654923 is a reply to message #654844] Thu, 17 February 2011 16:00 Go to previous message
Joel is currently offline JoelFriend
Thanks for that, I think i have solved the problem now.

I removed those two things you suggestest and after playing round with different layouts. I found Filllayout solved the problem.
Previous Topic:AbstractPropertySection and wrapping
Next Topic:Cannot remove first item when using TableEditor and Table.Remove(0) is used
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:49:40 GMT 2024